|Java Edition version history|
|◄ Beta 1.8.1 • 1.0 • 1.1 ►|
1.0 was a major update released on November 18, 2011 during MineCon 2011. It is sometimes also referred to as the second part of the Adventure Update. It added brewing, enchantments, The End, hardcore mode, breeding, and more.
The following is a list of 1.0 snapshots and pre-releases: Beta 1.9-pre1, Beta 1.9-pre2, Beta 1.9-pre3, Beta 1.9-pre4, Beta 1.9-pre5, Beta 1.9-pre6, 1.0.0-RC1, and 1.0.0-RC2.
- Hardcore mode – locks the difficulty to Hard and forces the user to delete the world's save data upon death. Health bar has a slight appearance change when in this mode
- Status Effects – inflict positive or negative effects on players and mobs. Two properties exist: strength (boosts effects) and duration (controls the time of the effect)
- Item Repair – Two of the same tools/weapons that are damaged in crafting will create one repaired tool/weapon
- Breeding – Wheat attracts and feeds animals. When fed, animals enter "love mode", and will produce baby animals.
- End Poem/Credits – appears after entering the End portal in The End
- The End – a new dimension that exists in place of the Sky Dimension.
- Mushroom Island Biome – a very rare biome with naturally generated Huge Mushrooms. Spawns mooshrooms.
- Nether Fortress
- End Portal – a portal to The End dimension that generates in strongholds. It requires at most 12 Eyes of Ender to activate
Blocks and Items
- Ghast Tear
- Blaze Rod
- Nether Wart
- Gold Nugget
- Glass Bottle
- Splash Potions
- Spider Eye
- Fermented Spider Eye
- Blaze Powder
- Magma Cream
- Glistering Melon
- Eye of Ender
- 9 new Music Discs
- Brewing Stand – used for brewing
- Enchantment Table – used for enchanting
- Nether Bricks
- Nether Brick Fence
- Nether Brick Stairs
- End Portal Frame
- End Stone
- Dragon Egg
- Ender Dragon – a boss mob that spawns only once in The End.
- Villager – a passive NPC mob that spawns in Villages
- Snow Golem
- Magma Cube
/givecan now set the damage value of the wanted item
- Experience – a score system that can be used for enchantments. Each XP Orb is worth one Score Point
- New achievements
- Death tweaked – the amount of XP orbs dropped by players on death is now limited. A proper score is also given based on how many XP orbs players have collected
- Armor system is new and improved, with increased armor durability.
- Pressing toggles between three states: first person, third person back, and third person front
- Slight delay between jumps when holding down the jump button. Also, players no longer bounce between ceiling and floor in two-block-high places.
- Blocking now has a new, proper animation.
- Sun and moon now rise in the east. The moon also has phases
- New sound for rain.
- Swamp Biome now appears "swampier" with darker Grass, darker water and lily pads that generate.
- Strongholds now generate with random loot chests
Blocks and Items
- Labels for tooltips have a blue border
- Bow appears larger in third person view when held, have 385 uses, and additional sounds
- New sounds for Doors, added sounds for Shears
- New textures for Block of Iron, Ghast Fireball, and Mob Spawner
- Glowstone material type changed from "glass" to "stone". A pickaxe is now needed to drop items and certain items like torches can be placed on it as a result of this change
- Water and Lava above a ceiling that is a single block thick will produce particles.
- Lava no longer flows through water; now it creates Stone
- Ender Pearls are throwable and will teleport a player to the impact location. However, it will take 2.5 hearts of fall damage.
- Cannot be thrown in Creative Mode
- Golden Apple now glows purple in the inventory
- Fences now connect to solid blocks and no longer block players from moving onto their space
- Tool breaking sounds
- Attack damage is nerfed to make space for the increased damage enchantments
- Many blocks' mining speeds have been increased:
- Minecarts now have sounds
- Sheep now have 8 health
- Ghasts now have 10 health
- Zombies now have 20 health and 1 armor point
- Endermen are now limited in which blocks they can pick up. Also added new sounds for the mob
- Improved walking sounds for the Skeleton
- Big slimes (size +4 slimes) have deeper jump sounds
- New sounds for Silverfish
- Ghast fireball texture changed