1.10, the first release of The Frostburn Update, is a major update to Minecraft, released on June 8, 2016.
- A new "Auto-Jump" feature, which can be toggled within the game settings.
- options.txt now has its own version number
- VBOs are now enabled by default
- Magma - A solid block which damages any character who touches it.
- Nether Wart Block
- Red Nether Brick - A decorative block similar to Nether Brick
- Structure Block - For mapmakers (used to copy/paste features within a Minecraft world).
- Bone Block - Found in Fossil structures
- Polar Bear - Cubs are peaceful, adults are neutral unless cubs are nearby.
- Stray - Variation of a Skeleton, with white eyes and ragged clothing. It will often spawn in place of regular Skeletons in colder Biomes.
- Husk - Variation of a Zombie, is immune to Sunlight. It will often spawn in place of regular zombies in Desert Biomes.
- Limit on numerical block IDs removed.
- Block states can now be used in
- For example, setting down a block of blue wool will be /setblock <x> <y> <z> blue_wool instead of /setblock <x> <y> <z> minecraft:wool 11.
- Endermen can now reach the Nether.
- Changes to Abandoned Mineshafts spawning in Mesa Biomes (they can now spawn on the surface).
- Changes to villages.
- Villages can now be partially built on Beach and River Biomes.
- Village roads built over grass are now made of Grass Path which are a light shade of green.
- Village roads can now be built over water (such as Rivers). These are made of Oak Planks.
- Gold spawning on the surface layer in Mesa biomes was first added to the Pocket Edition.
- This is one of the most minor updates in the history of Minecraft.
- Snapshot 16w20a details (Mojang.com)