1.11, officially titled the Exploration Update, is a major update to Minecraft, released on November 11th, 2016.
- "Javalicious edition"
- "Should not be played while driving"
- "you're going too fast"
- New strings within the game were made available for internationalization:
- World selection error messages
- Customized superflat preset names
- Spectator Mode-specific options and messages
- In the options menu: the words "chunks" and "fps"
- In item tooltips: the words "Color: ", "NBT: ", and "Durability: "
- The F3+Q keybindings and text associated with other F3 actions
- Text associated with downloading resource packs from servers
/save-all flushcommand output
- NBT tags
- New display tag entry for items:
LocNamefor translation strings
CustomPotionColorinteger tag for potions and potion arrows to overwrite/set the color
ColorMapinteger tag for filled maps to overwrite/set the color of the marks in the item texture
- Determines whether the weather will change
- Defaults to true
- Defaults to 24
- If one entity tries to push 24 other entities, it starts to suffocate.
- Setting to 0 disables the rule
- Affects mobs and players only
- Curse Enchantments
- Enchantments with negative effects
- Two curses added: the Curse of Binding (Enchantment ID 10) and the Curse of Vanishing (Enchantment ID 71)
- Curse of Binding will bind the item to the player, making them unable to drop it or take it off if it is an armor item, although it will drop when they die
- Players in Creative Mode are unaffected by this curse
- Curse of Vanishing will make the item disappear if the player dies.
/gamerule keepInventory truewill prevent this
- Cursed tools and armor can be found as loot in some generated structures
- Evoker - Hostile Villager-type mob, found in new Wooland Mansions
- Llama - A neutral mob that can be used to transport goods
- Vex - A hostile mob summoned by Evokers
- Vindicator - Hostile Villager-type mob, found in new Wooland Mansions
- Observer (Added to PC edition)
- Exploration Map - Obtained from cartographer villagers, shows treasure locations in the Overworld.
- Shulker Box - Like a chest, but it keeps content inside when broken
- Shulker Shell - Crafting item needed to craft the shulker box
- Totem of Undying - Resurrects a player when they die, if equipped
- Return Portal - Portals in The End that take a player back to the main island
- Woodland Mansion - Generates in Roofed Forest Biomes