1.11, officially titled the Exploration Update, is a major update to Minecraft, released on November 11th, 2016.
- "Javalicious edition"
- "Should not be played while driving"
- "you're going too fast"
- New strings within the game were made available for internationalization:
- World selection error messages
- Customized superflat preset names
- Spectator Mode-specific options and messages
- In the options menu: the words "chunks" and "fps"
- In item tooltips: the words "Color: ", "NBT: ", and "Durability: "
- The F3+Q keybindings and text associated with other F3 actions
- Text associated with downloading resource packs from servers
/save-all flushcommand output
- NBT tags
- New display tag entry for items:
LocNamefor translation strings
CustomPotionColorinteger tag for potions and potion arrows to overwrite/set the color
ColorMapinteger tag for filled maps to overwrite/set the color of the marks in the item texture
- Determines whether the weather will change
- Defaults to true
- Defaults to 24
- If one entity tries to push 24 other entities, it starts to suffocate.
- Setting to 0 disables the rule
- Affects mobs and players only
- Curse Enchantments
- Enchantments with negative effects
- Two curses added: the Curse of Binding (Enchantment ID 10) and the Curse of Vanishing (Enchantment ID 71)
- Curse of Binding will bind the item to a player, making them unable to drop it or take it off if it is an armor item, although it will drop when they die
- Players in Creative Mode are unaffected by this curse
- Curse of Vanishing will make the item disappear if a player dies.
/gamerule keepInventory truewill prevent this
- Cursed tools and armor can be found as loot in some generated structures
- Evoker - Hostile Villager-type mob, found in new Wooland Mansions
- Llama - A neutral mob that can be used to transport goods
- Vex - A hostile mob summoned by Evokers
- Vindicator - Hostile Villager-type mob, found in new Wooland Mansions
- Observer (Added to PC edition)
- Exploration Map - Obtained from cartographer villagers, shows treasure locations in the Overworld.
- Shulker Box - Like a chest, but it keeps content inside when broken
- Shulker Shell - Crafting item needed to craft the shulker box
- Totem of Undying - Resurrects a player when they die, if equipped
- Return Portal - Portals in The End that take a player back to the main island
- Woodland Mansion - Generates in Roofed Forest Biomes