- Advancements - The replacement system for Achievements that can be customized via JSON files and has a tab-based UI.
- Narrator - Reads text in the chat, activated by pressing + .
- Recipes for items can be unlocked, allowing a player to craft an item without putting the ingredients in their special combination.
- Functions - list of commands found in the save directory.
- Menu screen - clicking the copyright text will allow a player to see the credits.
- Toolbars in Creative - + saves the current hotbar to a list called toolbars; + loads in from the hotbar.
/recipe <give|take> [player] <name>
- Unlocks/locks a certain recipe for a player in crafting.
- Runs a function, which is a text file containing commands.
- Reloads functions and more.
- If enabled, limits players to only using crafting recipes discovered.
- Executes the command from the command's executor.
- Parrot - A flying bird mob found in Jungle Biomes.
- Illusioner - A hostile mob that creates copies, or illusions, of itself. It does not spawn naturally.
- Concrete - A solid color block, which comes in the 16 different dye colors.
- Concrete Powder - A block that is affected by gravity and turns into Concrete when it touches Water. It can also come in the 16 different dye colors.
- Glazed Terracotta - A block which has 16 different patterns depending on the dye color used to make it.
- Knowledge Book - currently only obtainable with the command
/give @p knowledge_book.
- It contains a list of item IDs that will unlock the specified items' recipes for any player that consumes it.
- Achievements have been removed, and replaced with Advancements.
- Materials tab merged with the Miscellaneous tab in Creative Mode.
- Minecraft now uses Java 8, and it is now required to run the game.
- As a result, the splash text "Now Java 6!" has been changed to "Now Java 8!"
- Creative Mode - The "miscellaneous" tab was merged with the "materials" tab which is now on the bottom-left in order to make way for the "toolbars" tab.
- Wool and Banners - Colors have been modified to be more vibrant.
- Beds - Un-angered Zombie Pigmen will not stop players from sleeping.
- Paintings - Now they try to take up as much space as possible when placed.
- Magma Blocks - They now burn indefinitely when lit on fire, similar to Netherrack.
- Beacons - Beam colors are now darker and they now display their name when hovering over them.
- Enchantment Tables - Now display their name when hovering over them.
- Hardened Clay - Now called Terracotta.
- Note Block - New sounds
The following is a list of 1.12 snapshots. Snapshots are the Beta tests of new Minecraft updates, but they are not guaranteed to be stable and may corrupt a player's world. Here are the snapshots as of May 19th, 2017:
17w06a, 17w13a, 17w13b, 17w14a, 17w15a, 17w16a, 17w16b, 17w17a, 17w17b, 17w18a, 17w18b, 1.12-pre1, 1.12-pre2, 1.12-pre3, 1.12-pre4, 1.12-pre5, 1.12-pre6, and 1.12-pre7.
Updates since 1.12
Released on August 3, 2017, this version fixed 3 bugs and updated the game credits.
1.12.2 was released on September 18, 2017, and is the first version to have the official name Minecraft: Java Edition. It also fixed 9 bugs.
- Mojang AB staff had already begun work on 1.12 features in December 2016 , and they had come up with a theme for the update as well.