|Java Edition version history|
|◄ 1.1 • 1.2.1 • 1.3.1 ►|
1.2.1 was a major update to Minecraft, released on March 1, 2012. It added a new height limit as a result of the anvil file format, zombie sieges and generated features including Jungle Biome, wooden bridges in Abandoned Mineshafts, and Desert Wells. It also added new blocks and items, such as the Bottle o' Enchanting, Redstone Lamp, Fire Charge, and chiseled Stone Bricks, as well as Iron Golem and Ocelot mobs.
- Worlds created prior to 1.2 will say the message, Must be converted!
- Zombie sieges will occur occasionally at night in NPC Villages.
- Jungle Biome – a very dense, but uncommon biome with large jungle trees that can reach up to 31 blocks tall with 2x2 thick trunks. Oak trees are also common, and leaves cover much of the forest floor
- Desert wells
- Abandoned mineshafts now generate with wooden bridges in midair portions
- Bottle o' enchanting – a Creative Mode-exclusive item that can be used to spawn experience orbs
- Chiseled Stone Brick
- Fire charge – can be used as a substitute for flint and steel, can be fired from dispensers, and produces fire when used
- Redstone lamp – a Redstone-powered light source
- Jungle wood, jungle sapling, and jungle leaves
- Iron golem – they occasionally spawn in villages; they defend Villagers against hostile mobs like Zombies. They can be spawned by placing 4 Iron Blocks and a Pumpkin in a specific pattern.
- Ocelot – a feline mob that can be tamed using fish as Cats. They have the unique trait of scaring off creepers.
There were four other updates that followed 1.2.1, adding features and fixing bugs.
Released on March 1, 2012 as a bug fix update.
Released on March 2, 2012 as a bug fix update.
Released on April 4, 2012 as a feature and bugfix update:
- Added shift-clicking support in furnaces
- Improved the functionality of the "Pick Block" key
- The "Direct Connect" dialog in the Multiplayer menu now remembers the last IP for the current session
- Cats are less eager to sit on things, and are less patient.
- Fixed several bugs
- Fixed + shortcut not quitting the app on OS X.
- Fixed potential issue with village door detection (which could cause too many villagers to spawn).
- Fixed not being able to click colored links
- Fixed command matching being too greedy (e.g. typing
/stophammertimeno longer stops a server)
- Fixed the key not behaving correctly
- Fixed ghost entities in Multiplayer
- Fixed crash when pasting certain characters in chat
- Fixed + not quitting the game on macOS
- Fixed issues turning off sound under certain circumstances.
- Fixed world generation failing under certain circumstances.
- Fixed various chat crashes
- Fixed wild ocelots behaving like tamed cats
- Fixed issues detected certain links in chat