| Come on! Grow up!
This article is a stub. You can help by
| This page is under reconstruction!|
This page is undergoing major reconstruction, conducted by QuickWhitt7. The changes may take a while.
1.7.2, named "The Updated that Changed the World" was a major updated to Minecraft, released on October 25, 2013. It added many new biomes, new generated structures, new flowers, Stained Glass, better networking, new commands, and more.
- New splash: "Now contains 32 random daily cats"
- Fishing and falling now have particle effect
- 6 new achievements
- New statistics: Distance by Horse, Junk Fished, Treasure Fished, and Mobs statistics
- 7 new commands
- /setidletimeout – automatically kick idle players after some time
- /tellraw – write "buttons" and formatted text in chat using JSON
- /summon – spawn any entity in the game
- /achievement – give a player achievements
- /setblock – create, delete, or replace a block
- /testforblock – checks for blocks in specific locations
- /setworldspawn – set the world spawn point for all players, even those who have never joined the server or are offline
- 2 new trees: Acacia and Dark Oak
- Acacia Trees are curved trees made of acacia wood, found in savanna biomes
- Dark Oak Trees are very thick and short trees made of dark oak wood, found in roofed forest biomes and require a 2×2 configuration of saplings to grow
- 11 new biomes: Savanna, Mesa, Sunflower Plains, Roofed Forest, Birch Forest, Flower Forest, Taiga, Mega Taiga, Extreme Hills+, Ice Plains Spikes, and Deep Ocean
- Over 20 variants for the biomes added
- Amplified world type
- Scales up all world generation rules, so it uses the entire world height
- Almost all biomes can generate huge mountains that reach well past y=200, some reach over y=256
- Ravines reach down to Bedrock
- Extremely resource intensive and laggy on slow computers
- All 16 colors of Stained Glass and Stained Glass Panes added
- Acacia Wood and Dark Oak Wood, and their planks, slab, sapling, leaves, and stair counterparts added
- Packed Ice – does not melt, and does not turn into water when broken
- Podzol – a variation of dirt that Grass Block and Mycelium cannot spread on, and does not spread itself. It is only found in Mega Taiga biomes.
- Grassless Dirt – grass and mycelium cannot grow on it, nor can it spread. It is only obtainable through commands
- Red Sand – generates in Mesa biomes, and behaves much like normal sand
- 15 new flowers and foliage: Tulips (Red, Orange, White, and Pink variants), Blue Orchid, Allium, Azure Bluet, Oxeye Daisy, Poppies, Sunflowers, Peonies, Rose Bushes, Lilacs, Double Tall Grass, and Large Ferns
- 3 new variants of the Silverfish block added
- Pufferfish – restores 1 hunger point and inflicts Poison IV for 1 minute, Hunger III for 15 seconds, and Nausea for 15 seconds. It is uncookable, but can be used to brew a water breathing potion
- Salmon – restores 2 hunger points when eaten raw, and 6 when eaten cooked
- Clownfish – cannot be cooked, but restores 1 hunger point
- Potion of Water Breathing – enables the player to breathe underwater for 3 minutes (8 minutes if extended) without the oxygen bar depleting
- Minecart with Command Block added, but only obtainable through commands
There were eight subsequent updates following 1.7.2.
2013 Music Update
- Custom Nether Portal sizes