|This article contains content about features that are not yet released.|
| Come on! Grow up!
This article is a stub. You can help by
Advancements are a new feature added in Snapshot 17w13a. This system is meant to replace the achievement system. The names of the advancements sound much more like a type of action than typical achievement names. It is also possible to customize an advancement's name through a JSON file. There are various tabs to the advancement interface each containing different advancement trees. There are currently five tabs in vanilla Minecraft (Although more can possibly be added).
- Minecraft: The story and the heart of the game.
- Adventure: adventure, exploration, and combat.
- Nether: Bring summer clothes.
- The End: Or the beginning?
- Husbandry: The world is full of friends and food.
- In the 17w14a snapshot, the Adventure tab was been added.
- In the 17w17a snapshot, the Nether and the End tabs were been added.
- In the 17w18b snapshot, the Husbandry tab was been added.
Advancement icons display a header name and description when hovered over. They only appear in a tree when the advancement before it is completed, although, as stated before, advancements can be completed in any order. The icon frames of goal advancements are more rounded while challenge advancements have a sharper appearance. Advancement icons begin as light-gray but will turn dark-golden when completed.
Examples of the icon frame and description of the advancements are as follows.
Extra advancements and tabs can be added and customized with the use of JSON files.