| This page contains content about features that are outdated, or have been removed from the game.|
These features only exist in older versions of Minecraft.
|Starting Version||1.0.0 (28th June 2010)|
|Current Version||1.2.6 (3rd December 2010)|
During the Alpha phase, Minecraft was updated very frequently, due to Notch working full-time on the Minecraft project since 29 May 2010 and having a small company made later . Bug fixes and tweaks could happen throughout the week, appearing on the game's development blog, with major additions and changes appearing in Secret Updates, leaving the game's players to discover the included new features.
- For a complete list of changes, see Alpha Version History
- Survival Multiplayer Mode (SMP). At the time, the only way to connect to a server was to find out the IP of it to connect.
- The Nether - A realm accessible with Portals that contains blocks and mobs (i.e. Ghast and Zombie Pigmen as of yet) not found in the normal world, and allows for fast travel.
- Biomes - Different environments that differ as location/chunk/temperature changes.
- The addition of Redstone Circuits, a logical 1/0 system including switches.
- The following items from the Haloween Update: Netherrack, Glowstone, Soul Sand, Pumpkin, and the Jack-O-Lantern.
- Improved AI pathfinding and spawning.
- New sounds for Caves and mobs.
- The addition of Snowy and Icy terrain, plus craftable snow blocks.
- The addition of Boats.
- Cow, slime, and chicken mobs.
- New music.
- More paintings.
- Current Height: 128 from bottom to top.
- Press F1 to remove the inventory display and the player's arm (the HUD, or Heads Up Display).
- While holding down F1, press F2 to take a screenshot. The images are saved in .minecraft\screenshots.
- Difficulty toggle.