|First Appearance||1.8 (Snapshot 14w32a)|
|Data Values||Hex: 1A0|
An armor stand can be placed on any solid surface. Like Signs or Banners, players can rotate an armor stand in one of 8 directions, based on the direction they are facing when they place it. A player can interact with an armor stand by right-clicking on it (PC) or by using the right trigger on it (Console). Using NBT tags, players can make an armor stand smaller, and add hands. Because it is an Entity, it can be pushed by Pistons, picked up by a Minecart, and will fall if the block below it is broken.
- Before update 1.8, armor stands could only be obtained using Mods (for ex. Bibliocraft).
- Armor stands can only be placed in the middle of a block, but players can move it around a bit using pistons and water.
- Armor stands are not craftable in Minecraft: Pocket Edition or Windows 10 Edition.
- In the PS4 edition, there can only be 16 armor stands per world.
- In the Minecraft Bedrock Edition,the player can rename armour stands as well as change thier pose.