A White Banner
|First Appearance||Minecraft 1.8|
|Type of Block||Non-Solid|
|Data Values||Hex: B0 (Free-standing)|
- Note that the Banner will be the color of Wool the player used to craft it.
- Also, players can't mix colors.
- And note that one can only have 400 banners at one time on the PC but on consoles one can have even less.
A banner holds a flag that can take on many different appearances. There are 16 colored blank flags, and numerous patterns each available in 16 colors. A flag can feature up to 6 different patterns. Banners, much like signs, can be placed both on the ground, facing different directions, and on walls. They can also be placed in Item Frames, where they simply appear as their item model. A layer of patterns can be washed off using a Cauldron, like dyed leather armor. They can also add patterns to shields. Banners can also be used as fuel in furnaces, smelting 1.5 items per banner
A banner may have up to six patterns which are overlaid with the last-crafted on top. The location of the banner in shaped recipes does not matter as long as the dyes are in the exact location specified.
- With 16 blank banners, 38 patterns of 16 colors each (608 uniquely-colored patterns), and 0 to 6 patterns per banner, players can create approximately 809 quadrillion uniquely crafted banners.
- Although it is impossible to add more than 6 patterns to a banner via crafting, up to 16 can be added using commands.
- Banners are not available in the Pocket Edition.
- Banners generate in End Cities as of 1.9.
- On Console Editions, there is a separate crafting section for Banners which is located underneath the firework crafting section if classic crafting is turned off.