|First Appearance||Beta 1.3 (February 22, 2011)|
|Type of Block||Solid Block|
|Tool Used||Any tool|
|Data Values||Hex: 163(Item)|
When the player attempts to sleep during a time in which there is light, a message will say on the bottom of the interface that "You can only sleep at night." Another message can be received when trying to sleep too close to hostile or neutral mobs saying "You may not rest now, there are monsters nearby."
|Wood Planks||Wood Planks||Wood Planks|
- It is possible to destroy a bed while you are on it by simply aiming slightly downward. After you do, though, touching a 2x1 wall or ceiling will cause damage, and walking into a corner will show suffocation. This will continue until you go back to sleep for the night.
- If one places their bed one block under a ceiling, the player will suffocate when awaking from sleep, causing damage.
- If a player places a bed in The Nether or The End, it will explode if right-clicked. An exploding bed is more powerful than a regular creeper, and can leave behind harmful fires and a 20-meter hole in the nether/end. The exploding bed is a reference to one of the lyrics in Notorious B.I.G's song "Suicidal Thoughts"
- You can access your inventory while sleeping.
- During the Beta version, if you place your bed near a wall, a Zombie or a Skeleton will spawn beside you, thought it couldn't attack you. This feature was removed in Beta 1.9 pre-1.
- If you have a wooden house and it burns but the floor is still intact, the Bed will just simply fall down, even though it doesn't obey physics.
- In the PS3 edition, if placed in the corner of a room where the outside of the corner is missing (to save on blocks), the player may wake up where the outside corner would be. This can be very annoying (or lethal, due to fall damage whilst geting down) if the bed is on a higher floor of a building.