|First Appearance||Beta 1.3 (February 22, 2011)|
|Type of Block||Solid Block|
|Tool Used||Any tool|
|Data Values||Hex: 163(Item)|
When the player attempts to sleep during a time in which there is light, a message will say on the bottom of the interface that "You can only sleep at night." Another message can be received when trying to sleep too close to hostile mobs saying, "You may not rest now, there are monsters nearby."
|Wood Planks||Wood Planks||Wood Planks|
- It is possible to destroy a bed while you are in it by simply aiming slightly downward. After you do, though, touching a 2x1 wall or ceiling will cause damage, and walking into a corner will show suffocation. This will continue until you go back to sleep for the night.
- If a player places a bed in The Nether or The End, it will explode if right-clicked, so never place a bed in the The Nether or The End.
- You can access your inventory while sleeping.
- During the Beta version, if you place your bed near a wall, a Zombie or a Skeleton will spawn beside you.
- If you have a wooden house and it burns but the floor is still intact, the Bed will just simply fall down, even if it doesn't obey physics.