The Blockopedia is a unique, hexagon-shaped hardcover manual detailing many of the blocks found within Minecraft.
From the author's amazon page:
"Discover everything you ever wanted to know about the amazing blocks of Minecraft in this mega-oversized Blockopedia that comes in a ground-breaking new hexagonal format!
Presented in a ground-breaking format - a hexagonal book - Blockopedia contains everything you need to know to make the most of the blocks that make up the Minecraft world. It's a beautiful and comprehensive reference tool for beginners and more experienced players alike.
Written by Alex Wiltshire, former editor of Edge Magazine and expert gamer, Blockopedia is fully illustrated and packed with essential information about each Minecraft block. Encyclopedic in its approach, each block is featured with a general overview of its properties, as well as little-known trivia and expert advice on what to do with it. From basic plants and Ores to Enchantment Tables and End Stone, you'll find every single block in here which was released up to (and including) 1.8 The Bountiful Update."
- Naturally Generated (normal blocks like stone, dirt, sand and gravel)
- Ores & Minerals (gold, iron, coal, diamond, emerald and others)
- Plants (wood, leaves, flowers, mushrooms, potatoes and more)
- Liquids and Gases (water, lava and fire)
- Nether and End (covers the Nether portal, netherrack, nether brick, glowstone, dragon egg, etc)
- Player Created (planks, glass, bricks, TNT, stairs, carpet, farmland among others)
- Utility (various blocks that serve a function such as chest, furnace, crafting tables, jukebox, cauldron, ladder and many others)
- Mechanisms (doors, rail, levers, buttons, trapdoors the various redstone items like lamps)
- Creative Mode (A small chapter covering Mob Heads)