|Data Values||Hex: 14D|
The player sits in a boat the same way they sit in a Minecart. Direction of travel can be controlled using the movement controls. If the Boat hits a solid block while moving at a moderate speed, it will break into three Sticks and two Wooden Planks, rather than an inventory version of the boat. To retrieve a fully-assembled boat for one's inventory, a player needs to exit the boat, and then strike it several times with fists or tools. Because of the fact that crashing the boat gives less wood back than the material required to craft the Boat, it is wise to avoid destroying the boat. Park the boat carefully before exiting and retrieving it.
Using a boat is much faster than swimming, and it also lets the player to stay atop the surface without the need of holding down the 'jump' button. It also doesn't consume the player's hunger.
|Wooden Planks||None||Wooden Planks|
|Wooden Planks||Wooden Planks||Wooden Planks|
- Destroying the boat will give 3 Sticks and 2 Oak Wooden Planks, regardless what kind of wooden planks used to craft the boat, it will always drop the same materials.
- The boat will be destroyed if it hits a mob in water. Sometimes this happens when a Squid bumps up in front of a boat while the boat is moving at a fast speed.
- Some players have tried "Water slides" in creative with boats, but the boat will break at the end of the ride. It works on hill, and it has to land on water if you don't want the boat to break at the bottom.
- If the boat hits Wool, it will cushion the impact, causing the boat to take less damage.
- The Guardian's laser cannot destroy boats.
- In Minecraft: Pocket Edition and Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition, boats for all six types of wood exist.
- As of 1.9 snapshots, boats can be crafted for all types of wood.
- In Pocket Edition, Windows 10 Edition, and as of 1.9 snapshots, boats move with oars.
- Boats can be used as a fuel in furnaces, smelting 2 items per boat. In the Pocket Edition they smelt 6 items per boat
- In PC minecraft boats are crafted with six matching types of wood planks, in console any kinds of wood planks together will do, in Pocket Edition it is the same recipe as PC but a shovel is needed.