|Type of Block||Solid Block; Interactive|
|Data Values||Hex: 75|
The collision box of the brewing stand involves the bottle holders and central rod. When right-clicked, the brewing stand interface displays which has 5 slots. The bottom 3 slots are for glass bottles. These bottles must be filled with Water or a potion. The upper slot is used to add an ingredient into the potions below. And the upper left slot is for Blaze Powder which will fuel 20 brews per powder (as determined by whenever an item is placed in the top slot).
Brewing Stands will only yield itself if destroyed with a pickaxe. Brewing Stands also have a light level of 1. While distilling a reagent into the glass bottles filled with water or potions, one ingredient will distill into all three slots - e.g. one Nether Wart will create three Awkward Potions. Many items can be used in the brewing process, and they are usually spit into two categories: bases and secondary ingredients.
- Main article: Potions#Potion Recipes
Bases are the ingredients that start the brewing process by making awkward, mundane, or thick potions.
Secondary ingredients are the ingredients that determine the type of potion (in other words, the effect).
- Blaze Powder
- Fermented Spider Eye
- Ghast Tear
- Glistering Melon
- Golden Carrot
- Magma Cream
- Rabbit's Foot
- Spider Eye
- No matter what kind of potion is in the Brewing Stand, it will always look like a red potion when it's not being viewed from the Brewing Stand menu. It's possibly a Harming or a Healing potion.
- If a Brewing Stand is placed on top of a Fence, then the player and/or other mobs can jump onto the fence.
- The Brewing Stand is required for the player to brew their own potions.
- Smoke particles appear above the brewing stand while it is brewing a potion.