|First Appearance||Beta 1.2-|
|Type of Block||Food; Solid Block|
|Data Values||Hex: 162Item|
Cake cannot be eaten while being held. it must be placed on a suitable surface like a block. Vertical slices are removed each time the cake is used. Breaking the cake or the block underneath it will destroy the cake and not return anything. The cake is sometimes known as the "med-kit" in Hunger Games servers as it can heal a whole team.
Cake heals every use, and may be used (eaten out of) up to six times for a total of .
|Bucket of Milk||Bucket of Milk||Bucket of Milk|
Note: Buckets are returned to you after crafting.
- Placing a cake on top of a block and removing said block would cause the cake to disappear.
- Cake cannot be re-obtained once placed. Even when using a silk touch tool, it will still be lost.
- The Achievement, "The Lie", is a reference to the game Portal, which spawned the internet meme, "The cake is a lie!"
- In web company RoosterTeeth's "Achievement Hunter Let's Plays", Ray(AHBrownMan) is famous for his hatred of cake and for inventing the term "Going Cakeless".
- Cake must be placed on a block before consumption; subsequent right-clicks on the cake will heal one , and up to a maximum of six , as there are six slices in a cake.
- Cake's solid block appearance may confuse new players in a server, making them think it is a decor.
- Cakes do not need to be baked in a furnace , and are instead created using the crafting interface.
- Cake will not physically stack.
- Cake is the only food needing to be placed before it can be consumed.