|Hunger Replenished||2 per slice|
(6 slices total)
|Stackable?||No in PC|
Yes in console and pocket
|Data Values||Hex: 5C|
Cake stands 1/4 lower than a regular block. It has white icing and a red cherry-like topping. It is quite easy to craft for experienced players. It restores 1 hunger bar per use and has a total amount of 6 uses. Cake does not drop when broken. It can only be eaten by clicking on it whilst it is placed. As of Minecraft 1.8, if you place a Redstone Comparator next to cake, you can get up to Redstone PL 14, 2 for each slice. This is used on 1.8 maps and minigames, and trolling on multiplayer with TNT.
Cake is made with an Egg, three Buckets of milk, two Sugar, and three Wheat. If the player eats a cake once, it will appear to be cut into thirds or sixths. Crafting a cake will award you with the achievement "The Lie" (it's usually required to earn the achievement "Time to Farm" first.), which is a reference to the game Portal. Various maps have the phrases "Your cake is waiting" and "The cake is a lie".
- The cake is featured in all platforms of Minecraft.
- On the console versions, there is the Candy texture pack that allows different types of cake.
- Cake can be used as a form of decoration (i.e. flooring).
- Cake makes the same sound as Wool being placed.
- Cake is the only food that can be eaten when placed.
- Cake cannot be retrieved by Shears or a Silk Touch enchantment once it has been placed.
- The player can eat each slice almost instantly, and it recovers about 1 or 2 hunger bars.
- The block with the ID 92 resembles a cake that has been placed.
- The cake is the 3rd best food to the Golden Apple and Enchanted Golden Apple
- Cakes are not stackable on the PC edition, but they are on Console and Pocket Edition.
- Cakes will replenish a total of 12 hunger points when all of the slices are eaten.
- In early versions, when the player crafted a cake, the three buckets were also used up which made it very expensive to make.
- If you destroy the block beneath a cake, the cake will disappear.