|Hunger Replenished|| per slice|
(6 slices total)
|Data Values||Hex: 5C|
Cake stands 1/4 lower than a regular block. It has white icing and a red cherry-like topping. It is quite easy to craft for experienced players. It restores 1 hunger bar per use and has a total amount of 6 uses. Cake does not drop when broken. It can only be eaten by clicking on it whilst it is placed. As of Minecraft 1.8, if one places a Redstone Comparator next to cake, one can get up to Redstone PL 14, 2 for each slice. This is used on 1.8 maps and minigames, and trolling on multiplayer with TNT.
Cake is made with an Egg, three Buckets of milk, two Sugar, and three Wheat. If a player eats a cake once, it will appear to be cut into thirds or sixths. Crafting a cake will award one with the achievement "The Lie" (it's usually required to earn the achievement "Time to Farm" first), which is a reference to the game Portal. Various maps have the phrases "Your cake is waiting" and "The cake is a lie".
- The cake is featured in all platforms of Minecraft.
- On the console versions, there is the Candy texture pack that allows different types of cake.
- Cake can be used as a form of decoration (i.e. flooring).
- Cake makes the same sound as Wool being placed.
- Cake is the only food that can be eaten when placed.
- Cake cannot be retrieved by Shears or a Silk Touch enchantment once it has been placed. This may be a reference to Portal and its famous phrase "The cake is a lie".
- a player can eat each slice almost instantly, and it recovers about 1 or 2 hunger bars.
- The block with the ID 92 resembles a cake that has been placed.
- Cakes are not stackable on the PC edition, but they are on Console and Pocket Edition.
- Cakes will replenish a total of 12 hunger points when all of the slices are eaten.
- In early versions, when a player crafted a cake, the three buckets were also used up, which made it very expensive to make.
- If one destroys the block beneath a cake, the cake will disappear.