Cake is a placeable food, standing 1/4 lower than a regular block. It has white icing and a red cherry-like topping. It is craftable, and is quite easy to craft for experienced players. It restores 1 hunger bar per use, and has a total amount of 6 uses. Cake does not drop when broken, it can only can be eaten by clicking on it whilst it is placed. As of 1.8, if you place a Redstone Comparator next to cake, you can get up to Redstone PL 14, 2 for each slice. This is used on 1.8 maps and minigames, and trolling on multiplayer with TNT.
To craft a cake, you need 3 milk buckets, 3 wheat, an egg and 2 sugar.
Cake is made with an Egg, three Buckets of milk, two Sugar, and three Wheat. If the player eats a cake once, it will appear to be cut into thirds or sixths. Crafting a cake will award you with the achievement "The Lie" (Needing to earn achievement "Time to Farm" first.) which is a reference to the game Portal. Various maps have the phrases "Your cake is waiting" and "The cake is a lie".
- The cake is featured in all Minecraft platforms.
- On the console versions, there is the Candy texture pack that allows different types of cake.
- Cake can be used as a form of decoration (i.e. flooring).
- Cake makes the same sound as wool being placed.
- Cake is the only food that can be eaten when placed.
- Cake cannot be retrieved by shears or a Silk Touch enchantment once it has been placed.
- The player can eat each slice almost instantly, and it recovers about 1 or 2 hunger bars.
- The block with the ID 92 resembles a cake that has been placed.
- The cake is the 3rd best food to the Golden Apple and Enchanted Golden Apple