A Magenta Carpet
|First Appearance||1.6.1 (PC)|
|Type of Block||Decorative|
|Data Values||Hex: AB|
Carpets are decorative blocks, which come in a variety of colors.
A carpet is a thin sheet of Wool that can be placed on the ground, completely covering the top of the block on which it is placed. A carpet acts like a half-Slab, in that some blocks cannot be placed directly on top of it, such as a Lily Pad.
Carpets can be used as fuel. They can smelt approximately 1/3 of an item per carpet.
Another use for carpets is for decorating Llamas. Once a llama is tamed, they can be decorated with a carpet, which will produce a unique pattern, depending on the carpet's color.
Carpets can be crafted from any type of colored wool by placing the materials in the following manner.
- Carpet can be placed on any type of block including on top of String and Fences.
- Placing carpets on string will allow one to make mob-proof walkways since mobs will think that the carpets on the string are Air blocks.
- Placing carpets on fences will allow players to jump on top of said fences. In fact, the player will actually jump onto the carpet which means that the player will be jumping up onto the fence's collision box.
- Placing carpets between an enchantment table and some bookshelves will cause the bookshelves to not be able to influence the enchantment table.
- Brown carpets can spawn naturally in Villages where they are spawned on top of fences in order to look like tables.
- Before carpets were added, Pressure Plates were spawned on top of fences instead.