A Magenta Carpet
|First Appearance||1.6.1 (PC)|
|Type of Block||Decorative|
|Data Values||Hex: AB|
Carpets are decorative blocks, which come in a variety of colors.
A carpet is a thin sheet of Wool that can be placed on the ground, completely covering the top of the block on which it is placed. A carpet acts like a half-Slab, in that some blocks cannot be placed directly on top of it, such as a Lily Pad.
Carpets can be used as fuel. They can smelt approximately 1/3 of an item per carpet.
Another use for carpets is for decorating Llamas. Once a llama is tamed, they can be decorated with a carpet, which will produce a unique pattern, depending on the carpet's color.
Carpets can be crafted from any type of colored wool by placing the materials in the following manner.
- Carpet can be placed on any type of block including on top of String and Fences.
- Placing carpets on string will allow one to make mob-proof walkways since mobs will think that the carpets on the string are Air blocks.
- Placing carpets on fences will allow players to jump on top of said fences. In fact, a player will actually jump onto the carpet which means that a player will be jumping up onto the fence's collision box.
- Placing carpets between an enchantment table and some bookshelves will cause the bookshelves to not be able to influence the enchantment table.
- Brown carpets can spawn naturally in Villages where they are spawned on top of fences in order to look like tables.
- Before carpets were added, Pressure Plates were spawned on top of fences instead.