A Magenta Carpet
|First Appearance||1.6.1 (PC)|
|Type of Block||Decorative|
|Data Values||Hex: AB|
Carpets are a decorative block that were added in 1.6. A carpet is a thin sheet of Wool that can be placed on the ground. Some Blocks cannot be placed directly on top of carpets, such as the Lily Pad. Carpets can be used as fuel, and they can smelt approximately 1/3 of an item per carpet. Aside from that, they currently serve no real purpose other than to be decorative. Carpets act more like a half slab because blocks cannot be placed directly on top of it like a slab. Another use for carpets is for Llamas because once a llama is tamed they can be decorated with a carpet which will produce a unique pattern depending on the carpet's color.
Carpets can be crafted from any type of colored wool by placing the materials in the following manner.
- Carpet can be placed on any type of block including on top of String and Fences.
- Placing carpets on string will allow one to make mob-proof walkways since mobs will think that the carpets on the string are Air blocks.
- Placing carpets on fences will allow players to jump on top of said fences. In fact, the player will actually jump onto the carpet which means that the player will be jumping up onto the fence's collision box.
- Placing carpets between an enchantment table and some bookshelves will cause the bookshelves to not be able to influence the enchantment table.
- Brown carpets can spawn naturally in Villages where they are spawned on top of fences in order to look like tables.
- Before carpets were added, Pressure Plates were spawned on top of fences instead.