|Obtained by||Zombies and Villager's farms|
|First Appearance||12w34a (1.4)|
|Data Values||Hex: 187|
Carrots are a food item in Minecraft, added in update 1.4.2 and restore per eaten carrot. Carrots can be acquired from NPC Villages or rarely Zombies. When planted they grow much like Wheat. Unlike wheat, however, they grow only through four stages instead of Wheat's eight stages. They can also be fully grown via Bonemeal, much like other crops. Using carrots on Pigs will activate their Love Mode. They can be crafted into a handful of things, including Carrot on a Stick and Golden Carrots.
- Carrots are less space-consuming than a large field of Wheat crops, and to have over a full stack of Carrots may only require as few as a 6x4 plot compared to Bread, which rquires a 1x3 space for one piece of Bread.
- Carrots have a higher saturation level than most other crops.
- Carrots are used to breed Pigs, and Chickens, as technically, Carrots are a seed. However, Chickens will not follow you if you are equipped with a carrot.
- Carrots do not require crafting or cooking to get the most out of them.
- Carrots can be hard to come by, especially in pre-1.4.2 worlds as they are only found in NPC Villages which are not very common or as a rare drop from Zombies.
|Golden Carrot||Carrot on a Stick|
|Gold Nugget||Gold Nugget||Gold Nugget||None||None||None|
|Gold Nugget||Carrot||Gold Nugget||Fishing Rod||None||None|
|Gold Nugget||Gold Nugget||Gold Nugget||None||Carrot||None|