|Health Points||10HP (5x )|
|Spawn||When Ocelot is tamed by player|
The change of an ocelot being tamed is far more noticeable than that of a wolf. While a wolf merely gains a collar from being tamed, a cat becomes slightly smaller after being tamed and also changes from the ocelot color (yellow with black stripes), to one of the following:
- Orange tabby with green eyes (the most common)
- Tuxedo with green eyes
- Siamese with blue eyes
- White cat with black eyes
- Grey cat with green eyes.
Cats also scare away creepers, making them very useful to bring along. Since dogs do not attack creepers, cats compensate for this weakness. Cats also always land on their feet, taking no fall damage. Cats also are reluctant to sit down after update 1.2.4.
Cats, like other mobs, can breed with other members of the same species. All you have to do is have two tamed cats together and make sure they're standing up. Take two raw fish and feed them one each. They will have love hearts above their heads and will run to each other and mingle for a bit. Then a small kitten should appear, whose pattern will match one of the parents. Cats can breed once every five minutes, and kittens cannot breed.
In order to tame Ocelots so they can become your Cat, you must feed them 2-5 fish. However, since it is a shy mob, you will need to stand still. Eventually, the Ocelot will slowly approach you, and at one point, it will stop, and just stare at you. Do not make any sudden movements such as moving your head or walking around, as the Ocelot will get scared and run away. You will need to slowly, with care and patience, move your head to where you are able to feed the Ocelot, and if done correctly, you will have a brand new pet Cat.
- Cats like to sit on chests, beds, and active furnaces, mirroring the behavior of real-life cats.
- While active furnaces are not affected by sitting cats, chests and beds are. If a cat sits on a chest, it cannot be opened, and if one sits on a bed, the player will not be able to sleep. The only ways to stop them from sitting on a chest or bed are to lure them away with raw fish, put Glass blocks above it, or create a piston device to push them off.
- If a window is present in a house, a cat may sometimes look out of it.
- wolves will not attack cats, tamed or otherwise.
- Cats may, in rare cases, teleport close to the player without any notable reason.
- This may be intentional to prevent them from getting stuck or being unable to follow the player through the same path (such as over a large hill or across gaps).
- It is confirmed on PlayStation 4 that dogs will teleport in order to follow the player if the distance between them grows too far.
- Creepers will run away from cats.
- A standing cat can still breed with a sitting cat, but the kitten will always have the same pattern as the standing cat, rather than the sitting cat.
- There is a rare glitch where when you tame an ocelot, it keeps the same texture as a ocelot but can sit down like a cat.