|Type of Block||Solid Block|
|Data Values||Hex: 76|
Cauldrons are brewing equipment that appeared in 1.9 Beta.
It would have been used to make Potions using Brewing Recipes. It is replaced with the Brewing Stand because of the inconvenient method of brewing with the cauldron.
As of Beta 1.9 Pre-release 3, Cauldrons can now be crafted, and used to store Water. Cauldrons can now refill Glass Bottles with the water required for Brewing. Each Cauldron holds three bottles worth of water, which is equal to a single Bucket.
- Cauldrons cannot hold Lava or Milk.
- Potions can be brewed in 1.9 Beta Pre-Release 2 by adding a bucket of water along with various other ingredients to a Cauldron which then runs them through a mathematical algorithm that can result in one of over two thousand different potions with positive or negative effects.
- When broken, Cauldrons release no water, only the Cauldron itself.
- When the Cauldron is being mined with water in it, the water will get cracks in it.
- The cauldron may be used for plain decoration, if you dont posess a brewing stand yet.