|Health Points||4 HP (2x )|
|Drops||On Death: 0-2 Feathers, Raw Chicken; On Fire: Cooked Chicken; Eggs|
|Spawn||Grass blocks with a (Minimum) 2x1x1 space above them.|
water, while other baby mobs drown in water deeper than 2 blocks. Chickens will follow players who are holding Seeds, and 2 chickens can be bred with Seeds, which is when they will enter "Love Mode", and spawn a chick directly. Alternatively, chicks can be spawned from Eggs, which adult chickens will lay every 5-7 minutes.Chickens are passive animal mobs that have existed in Minecraft since Alpha. Chickens are slower than most mobs, but one ability unique to chickens alone, is that they can flap their wings when falling to prevent themselves from taking fall damage. Chicks can also flap their wings and prevent death in
Feather Cooked Chicken (If killed in fire or lava)
|Spawn||Breeding chickens or Throwing eggs|
Chicks are the baby counterpart of Chickens, and are the third smallest mob in the game. Any time an egg is thrown, there is a 12.5% chance that a chick will spawn, or a 0.390625% chance that 4 chicks will spawn from the same egg. You can be sure that a chick will spawn by breeding two chickens, which is why this is the preferred method. Chicks will always follow the nearest adult chicken. Like many baby mobs, chicks have an oversized head.
Feeding chickens wheat seeds (or beetroot seeds, melon seeds and pumpkin seeds in Pocket Edition), will produce a chick. Like other mobs, it will not enter Love Mode for another 5 minutes.
- Eggs - Laid by a chicken every 5-7 minutes. These items can be used as a damaging projectile, which occasionally spawns a new chick upon impact. Eggs are also one of the ingredients used to bake Cake.
- Raw Chicken - A source of food for players. Each chicken will drop 1 drumstick when killed, which must be cooked before a player can safely eat it. If a chicken is killed by Fire or Lava, it will drop a ready-to-eat Cooked Chicken drumstick.
- Feather - One feather is dropped when a chicken is killed. They can be used to craft Arrows, or a Book and Quill.
- Chickens will sometimes spawn underground. This is due to the existence of Chicken Jockeys.
- Chickens are the only mob outside of bosses that can be spawned without commands or creative mode.