|First Appearance||1.8 (Snapshot 14w25a)|
|Type of Block||Solid Block|
|Data Values||Hex: 2|
- Coarse dirt is nearly exactly the same thing as normal dirt, sharing the same block ID and data value as the original.
- In 1.7.2, a grassless dirt was added that looked like dirt, but could not have grass on it. Its data value was given to coarse dirt in 1.8
- The Silk Touch enchantment is not required to obtain coarse dirt, unlike Podzol or Mycelium.
- If a coarse dirt block is hoed, it will turn into normal dirt (before, it would turn into farmland), meaning one can effectively turn gravel into dirt.
- Dead Bushes can be placed on coarse dirt, but not on grass blocks or normal dirt.