|First Appearance||Beta 1.2|
|Data Values||Hex: 15F3|
Cocoa Beans are a primary color dye and food ingredient. Cocoa beans come from the Cocoa Pods which are found naturally in jungle biomes. Placing a cocoa bean on the side of jungle wood will plant a new cocoa pod. (The log does not need to be attached to a tree).
As of Beta 1.4, Cocoa Beans were formally brought into the game as a reward found in Dungeons' chests (80% Chance) and Abandoned Mine Shafts. Also as of Beta 1.4, brown sheep naturally spawn which made obtaining brown wool easier.
Like all other dyes, cocoa beans can be:
- Applied to sheep to dye their wool, which can then be shorn for 1–3 blocks of brown wool.
- Applied to tamed wolves to dye their collars.
- Combined with gunpowder to make a firework star.
- Combined with a Firework Star to create a “fade to color” effect.
- Used to dye leather armor.
- Used to dye or stain glass or hardened clay.
- Used to add patterns to banners.
|cocoa beans |
|orange dye||ink sac||None|
- Cocoa Beans were among the rarest obtainable items on old maps (after golden apples and cookies) as they could only be found in dungeons generated after the 1.4 patch. Now they can be found on jungle trees, only in a jungle.
- In the Snapshot 12w18a, they can be grown on jungle trees and harvested for more. They've also got a new texture.