|Uses||Dying Sheep, Crafting, Farming|
|First Appearance||Beta 1.2|
|Data Values||Hex: 15F3|
Cocoa Beans are a primary color dye and food ingredient. Cocoa beans come from the Cocoa Pods which are found naturally in Jungle Biomes. Placing a cocoa bean on the side of jungle wood will plant a new cocoa pod. (The log does not need to be attached to a tree).
Like all other dyes, cocoa beans can be:
- Applied to sheep to dye their wool, which can then be sheared for 1–3 blocks of brown wool.
- Applied to tamed wolves to dye their collars.
- Combined with gunpowder to make a firework star.
- Combined with a Firework Star to create a “fade to color” effect.
- Used to dye leather armor.
- Used to dye or stain glass or terracotta.
- Used to add patterns to banners.
- Used to make cookies.
- Cocoa Beans were among the rarest obtainable items on old maps (after golden apples and cookies) as they could only be found in dungeons generated after the 1.4 patch (which is no longer true as of 1.9). Now they can be found on jungle trees, only in a jungle.
- In the Snapshot 12w18a, they can be grown on jungle trees and harvested for more. They've also got a new texture.