| Come on! Grow up!
This article is a stub. You can help by
|Obtained by||Killing a chicken while it's on fire, or cooking Raw Chicken.|
|First Appearance||Beta 1.8|
|Data Values||Hex: 16E|
- Can restore a good amount of hunger points.
- Lots of saturation.
- Chickens are farmed easily. Plus, when farming, they may occasionally lay eggs, which will create more Chickens.
- Does not inflict Hunger, unlike Raw Chicken.
- Chickens somewhat appear randomly, and if you can't find one, no chicken.
- They require seeds to breed.
- Cooked chicken must be cooked in a furnace, which requires some fuel, unless the chicken happens to be killed with fire, Lava, or a Fire Aspect/Flame enchanted weapon.
- Each chicken will always drop one raw chicken when killed, even if it is killed by a weapon with the looting enchantment, which makes other passive mobs drop more of their drops.
- The Cooked Chicken used to have an old texture being more smooth. Then, it was changed to look like what it does today, but with a black outline. It was then changed for one last time in 1.4 to get rid of the black outline.
- Chicken was the third food to be added into Minecraft, including raw and cooked versions.