|Obtained by||Killing a chicken while it's on fire, or cooking Raw Chicken.|
|First Appearance||Beta 1.8|
|Data Values||Hex: 16E|
| Come on! Grow up!
This article is a stub. You can help by
As a food source:
- Restores a good amount of hunger points
- Lots of saturation
- Chickens are farmed easily. They also occasionally lay eggs, which will create more chickens.
- Does not have a chance of inflicting Hunger, unlike Raw Chicken
- Chickens Spawn somewhat randomly, and thus there may be issues finding a steady supply of them.
- They require Seeds to breed.
- Cooking chicken requires Fuel, unless the chicken happens to be killed with fire, Lava, or a Fire Aspect/Flame enchanted weapon.
- Each chicken will only drops a single raw chicken when killed, even if it is killed by a weapon with the looting enchantment. This means that other passive mobs are recommended since they have more plentiful item drops than chickens.