|First Appearance||Beta 1.4|
|Data Values||Hex: 165|
Cookies are a food item that was introduced in Beta 1.4, version 0.9.0 (PE), and the first versions of the Console Editions. Cookies will restore one when eaten. They were hard to obtain until update 1.3 was released which made Cocoa Beans, one of the ingredients, a lot easier to find.
Using the Crafting recipe just once will give the player eight cookies, which will make it possible to heal eight shanks of hunger in a single batch.
- Can be made into 8 cookies using just one cocoa bean and two pieces of wheat.
- Cocoa beans are easy to find in a Jungle biome.
- Wheat is easy to grow, and their seeds can be found easily.
- They are a renewable resource.
- They will only restore 0.4 saturation points.
- Wheat requires time to grow.
- If the player is not close to a jungle and they do not have a cocoa bean farm, cocoa beans will not be readily available.
- Cookies were the only stack-able food item at the time of their introduction in Beta 1.4.
- As of 1.3.1, Cookies are easier to make because of the Cocoa Bean's farming mechanics.
- Cookies can sometimes be obtained through Trading with Villagers.
- In some of the 1.12 snapshots, cookies could be fed to Parrots (a reference to the phrase "Polly wants a cracker") to tame them; to avoid misleading children playing the game, seeds were given this function, and cookies were changed to instantly kill parrots and emit poison particles from the dying bird.