Creative mode is a game mode introduced in the 1.8 update. In this mode, you have unlimited resources, health and experience. Hostile mobs will not attack or hurt you, and will not take any notice of being attacked as of release 1.6. All blocks can be placed and destroyed with one hit.Creative Mode removes the inventory and replaces it with a dialog that allows the player to simply drag and drop the Blocks/Items into his/her inventory. When it is placed in the inventory, only one of that block is visible, but that block is actually unlimited. This allows the player to construct anything they want.
You can carry food with you, but it is impossible to eat. This mode is very similar to Classic, which also gives you unlimited blocks. The only difference is that Minecraft Classic has fewer available blocks than the current version of creative mode.
If a player destroys the naturally occuring bedrock, they will find the Void. Falling into the void whilst in Creative Mode is the only way possible to die other than /kill. You also have the ability to fly by double tapping the spacebar(default).
If you are in Creative Mode, you will have access to commands, also known as cheats, which you can use by typing in / followed by the command. Some commands can change your gamemode, change the time, start/stop weather, and give you large amounts of XP.
- /gamemode (0/1/2 - 0=survival, 1=creative, 2=adventure)
- /time <set/add> 0-23999
- /xp <amount> <player>//xp <amount>L <player>
- /achievement give <achievement/statistic> <player>
- /enchant <player> <effect> <seconds> <amplifier>
- /clear <player> <item> <data>
- /debug <start/stop>
- /defaultgamemode (0/1/2 - 0=survival, 1=creative, 2=adventure)
- /difficulty <peaceful/easy/normal/hard>
- /gamerule <rule> <true/false>
- /give <player> <item> <amount> <data> <dataTag>
- /help <page/command>
- /me <action>
- /playsound <sound> <player> <x> <y> <z> <volume> <pitch> <minimumVolume>
- /say <message>
- /scoreboard <objectives/players/teams>
- /setblock <x> <y> <z> <TileName> <dataValue> <oldBlockHandling> <dataTag>
- /spreadplayers <x> <z> <spreadDistance> <maxRange> <respectTeams true/false> <players>
- /summon <EntityName> <x> <y> <z> <dataTag>
- /tell <player> <message>
- /tellraw <player> <raw json message>
- /testfor <player>
- /testforblock <x> <y> <z> <TileName> <dataValue> <dataTag>
- /tp <player> <player>//tp <player> <x> <y> <z>
- /weather <clear/rain/thunder> <duration>
- /kill <player name>
Extra things you could do in creative mode
In creative mode you will be able to fly freely and have unlimited resorces of blocks and items in the game, so players in the game can design their own projects.
In the creative menu (By pressing I or E) You will have an invetory full of blocks, items and resources that you can create whatever projects you like.
As of Snapshot 12w15a, when using the copy block on something such as Redstone Wire, Snow Layer, or a Nether/End Portal, it would give you exactly what you clicked (ex. Using copy block on a Snow Layer will give you the snow layer.)
Even though this isn't considered a glitch, it still is in sorts. When you use Copy Block on an entity (Excluding the Enderdragon, Players, or Piston Heads) it will give you the respective egg. Also, when the spawn egg is placed, it spawns a baby mob, but for only non-hostile mobs. Endermen, Spiders, or Squids do not count.
- In Xbox 360 Edition opening a world in creative mode disables achivements for that world.
- In creative mode you can get spawn eggs out of your inventory which can spawn all mobs, excluding bosses, Wither Skeletons and golems.
- There are multiple items such as Sponge that are exclusive to Creative Mode.
- Creative mode is available on Minecraft, Minecraft Pocket Edition, and Minecraft Xbox 360 Edition.
- A group of players in the Xbox-360 edition used the Duplication glitch to get 254 of any item in order to improve their maps or to provide resources to other guests. Updates on the glitch were never official but instead reduced the chances of every successful duplication. For example, before the updates it only took one try with the dispenser glitch to get 254 items. However, when the updates came it was reduced to three tries and was later fully patched in another update. So far, the furnace glitch isn't fully patched and does the same thing except the success rate is much lower then first patched dispenser.
- The only two ways of dying in creative mode are falling in the void or using the /kill command.