|First Appearance||Beta 1.6|
|Type of Block||Non-Solid Block; Plant|
|Data Values||Hex: 20|
Dead Bushes are not a solid block but instead an aesthetic weed that does not obstruct movement, similar to Sugar Cane, Wheat, Tall Grass, and hanging Vines. Dead Bushes can appear in desert biomes, mesa biomes, and sometimes in swamp biomes. They are most commonly light/dark brown in color depending on the user's texture pack.
The current uses for this item are for decoration and as a source of sticks as it drops 0–2 sticks when destroyed. If it is mined with an axe with a Silk Touch enchantment in the Beta 1.9 pre-release, or with shears, it will drop itself instead.
- A variant of Tall Grass is visually identical to Dead Bushes, but is able to give seeds and has an offset from the ground, like tall grass. The edited tall grass can be obtained by using bonemeal on a block of grass near sand (although they will only spawn on said sand).
- If the block below a dead bush is removed, the bush will disappear.
- The dead bush's ID is 32, but if the command
/give [playername] 31is used, the player will be given another type of dead bush called Shrub.
- It can be placed inside a Flower Pot.
- They are unaffected by Bone Meal.
- The Dead Bush texture is exactly the same as the Shrub texture.
- Even though Dead Bushes and Shrubs are basically the same kind of plant they are treated as separate items in the creative menu.
- Dead bushes have a blast resistance of 0.