|First Appearance||Beta 1.2|
|Type of Block||Block|
|Data Values||Hex: 17|
- Majority amount of items will be shot out of the dispenser in it's entity form. It lands 1-3 blocks away from the dispenser.
- Bottle o' Enchanting, Snowballs, Splash Potions, Arrows and Eggs will be shot out of the dispenser like it was done in it's Right Click Action. Arrows will be shot anywhere from 10-21 blocks away from the dispenser. Eggs will have most of it's normal effects when thrown in it's Right Click Action.
- Fire Charges will be shot straight, similar to a Ghast however, may go on a angle from the dispenser.
- Spawn Eggs will spawn it's mob directly infront of the dispenser without any attributes.
- Boats and Minecarts will be shot out in it's entity form. If there is Water in front of the dispenser, a boat will be placed on top of the water. If there is a Minecart track of any kind infront of the dispenser, a Minecart will be placed on top of the track.
- Water and Lava buckets will be placed infront of the dispenser when triggered. If a Bucket is inside the dispenser, lava or water will be taken from infront of the dispenser and the bucket inside the dispenser will be replaced with the corresponding liquid.
- The Dispenser uses the same texture as the Furnace on all sides except the face, which has a unique texture.
- Interestingly, the texture file for the dispenser menu is named "trap.png", possibly because it was originally designed for making arrow traps.
- The Dispenser, when turned, will keep firing until a player destroys it or turns it off.
- Dispensers are commonly found in jungle temples and are used to protect the treasure inside. There is always two inside a jungle temple. Rarely, (1.5 only) there is a glitch where a dispenser in a jungle temple will fire and turn into a green wool block when you break the trip wire. This was fixed as of 1.5.2.
It is possible to make an unlimited diamond block using the dispenser and requires 2 players to do so.
In the Xbox 360 version to some players they used this bug as a kind of "Creative mode" but was removed in a recent update.