|Health Points:||20HP (10x )|
|Attack Strength:||Easy: 4HP (2x )
Normal: 6HP (3x ) Hard: 9HP (4.5x )
|Drops:||Rotten Flesh (1-2), Trident,Gold Ingot, Sponge, Fishing Rod, Nautilus Shell|
|Location:||Overworld (ocean and rivers)|
|First Appearance:||1.13 (18w011a)|
The drowned mobs will spawn naturally spawn in ocean or river biomes. In addition to this, they can also spawn if a zombie stays in the water for 36 seconds.
The drowned mob, much like other zombies, uses melee attacks, but can also kill the player at range if armed with a trident. They can also destroy turtle eggs and hunt baby turtles.
When the drowned is in water and it is day, they will still stay in the water until the player enters. They will not leave as they will end up burning in sunlight, and will give up killing the player. However, they will stand with their upper bodies out of the water.
When in water, they will only swim if a player or villager is in the water with them. Otherwise, they will walk at the bottom of the water and not drown. They can spawn with a Trident or a Fishing Rod, and drop either if equipped. They also drop Rotten Flesh, and as a super-rare drop, a Nautilus Shell.
It is also possible to find them in caves, provided there's a flowing water source, such as a river or hole leading to an ocean, nearby.
It is confirmed that drowneds will break wooden doors in hard mode, and will attack villagers. Baby drowneds will also have jockey variants.
The drowned not armed with a trident, or armed with a fishing rod, can be dealt with at range with a trident. However, the drowned armed with a trident is best fought at close range since it will not throw its trident at a close opponent.
- The drowned was confirmed to have a super rare drop which has now been stated to be nautilus shells. These can be seen being held in a drowned's left hand.
- In the Bedrock Edition, the drowned can drop sponges.
- The drowned's face texture looks somewhat like a creeper's.
- When chasing a player, they have a swimming animation.
- Though, this is in the Bedrock Edition only.
- In the Bedrock Edition, they made zombie sounds.
- This was later fixed in the 1.5 update.