|Type||Food; Raw Material|
|Data Values||Hex: 158|
Eggs are a food item added in the 7th Secret Friday Update, obtained only from chickens. They are laid by chickens every 5 to 10 minutes (takes 40 minutes for 9 chickens to lay 50 Eggs = 7.2 minutes/egg).
As a Projectile
During the Beta update (20 December 2010), Eggs were made throw-able at the request of a fan as a result of a Twitter Conversation. When thrown, Eggs have the same on-hit effect as Snowballs and additionally have a 1/8 chance of spawning a baby Chicken which will grow up in 2-3 Minecraft days. Alternatively, Eggs can be used as a projectile. They can be placed in Dispensers and fired upon activation.
|Bucket of Milk||Bucket of Milk||Bucket of Milk|
- One egg can spawn up to four chickens, this is a rare occasion and the chances are 1 out of 256. 256 is 4 x 64, and 64 is a stack! Chickens also spawn from eggs shot out of a dispenser.
- Eggs can be thrown very far, and often land over five blocks away from the player.
- Eggs can normally be found wherever there are chickens, unless the chickens are newly spawned.
- There is about a 1 in 8 chance a chick will spawn.
- Eggs are a good weapon but are often misunderstood not only can it inflict damage but is also easier to get than arrows which involve complex crafting or risking your life by killing a skeleton. They also can spawn baby chickens which cam push, swarm, and horde enemy attackers.
- There is a rare bug where if an Egg is thrown against a 1-block thick wall and a Chicken hatches, the baby chicken will travel through the wall and out the other side.
- There is a glitch when, thrown at any mob of player, it will simply pass through them, though this is not common.