|First Appearance||1.3.1 (Snapshot 12w21a)|
|Type of Block||Solid Block|
|Data Values||Hex: 81|
Emerald ore can be found extremely rarely in two-block veins, but usually appears as small, single-block ores. Emerald ore is about 25 times rarer than Diamonds. It drops oneEmerald
- One cavern network underground in a world will probably hold about 5 emerald ore blocks each, but separately; it is rare to find emerald ore in veins.
- Emerald ore is rarer than emeralds because players can trade with Villagers to get emeralds.
- Ruby ore was replaced by emerald ore in 12w21a, but it was still colored red.
- This was changed to green as of snapshot 12w21b.
- The fact that emerald ore can be found in the extreme hills biome is a possible reference to the area "Emerald Hills Zone" in Sonic the Hedgehog 2.
- Emeralds were in early versions of Pocket Edition, but were removed for having no use. They were implemented again in 0.9.0.
- Emerald ore is the rarest ore in Minecraft due to only being found in one biome type.