|First Appearance||Beta 1.9Pre #3|
|Type of Block||Solid Block; Interactive|
|Data Values||Hex: 74|
You can increase the chance of getting a better enchantment by placing bookshelves around the table. Only Bookshelves that are two blocks away will add enchantments. When placed correctly, an animation of floating symbols moving into the book entity will occur. The text is written in the Standard Galactic Alphabet. The ideal position of Bookshelves is a square of 30 placed in a 5x5-block outline, with the Enchantment Table at the center, 15 Bookshelves on the bottom, and 15 on top.
- According to the first image that Notch posted of the Enchantment Table, they were originally crafted with Cobblestone instead of Obsidian.
- When crouching on the Enchantment Table, you can walk off its edge.
- Enchantment Tables have the same blast resistance as obsidian.
- The bottom of the table is an obsidian slab.
- The highest level of enchantment possible is 30.