The End Portal is the portal that is used in order to enter The End.
The portal is found in the portal room in a Stronghold, usually underground. The portal room is deep inside of the Stronghold, and it is surrounded by End Portal Frames in a 3x3 square without any corners and with lava under it. Since the 1.4 Update, End Portals can be built in Creative Mode.
To activate the portal, the player must right click on the 12 end portal frames while having the Eye of Ender selected. This should activate the portal and let the player enter the End.
Alternately, a player can build an End Portal in Creative Mode, the player must: surround the sides of an empty 3 by 3 square with End Portal frames, then fill all of the frames with Eyes of Ender(one doesn't need to place any end portal frames in the corners). The last Eye of Ender placed must be facing inwards towards the portal (the same thing applies to End Portals found in Strongholds).
- Since the 1.4.2 Update, even though other mobs can go through and be transported by a Nether Portal, End Portals will still only deliver the Player to the End.
- Sometimes, Eyes of Ender can be found in the end portal slots which will help in saving some of them.
- The frame, that makes up the end portal, cannot be broken in survival mode. However, it can be broken in creative mode.
- It is not possible for a player to build an End Portal in the Nether without using hacks or debug mode; however, if a player does manage to create an End Portal in the Nether, it will be invisible and when the player goes through it, the end credits will play and the player will be transported to their spawn point in the Overworld. This can be achieved while in Debug Mode.
- Instead of finding 12 end portal frames with a pool of lava below it in a stronghold, there used to be 12 semitransparent blocks that look like ice and a pool of lava below it.
- Looking at an End Portal from underneath will not show the speckled square that an above view would do. Rather, the End Portal pieces will appear to be smouldering.