| Come on! Grow up!
This article is a stub. You can help by
The End Portal is the portal used to enter The End.
The portal is found in the portal room in a Stronghold, underground. The portal room is deep in the Stronghold and is surrounded by End Portal Frames, three blocks width and length, with lava under it. Since the 1.4 Update, End Portals can be built in Creative Mode.
To activate the portal, the player must right click with the Eye Of Ender on each of the 12 End Portal-frame blocks. This should activate the portal and the player can then enter the End.
- Since the 1.4.2 Update, even though other mobs can go through and be transported by a Nether Portal, End Portals still will only deliver the Player to the End.
- Sometimes, Eyes of Ender can be found in the end portal slots, saving some of them.
- The frame which makes up the end portal cannot be broken in survival mode, only in Creative Mode.
- In Creative mode, frames make glass sounds when breaking, but do not drop an item when broken. Portals make stone sounds when broken.
- There are 3 End Portals in every world. However, in the Xbox versions, there is only one. But in the new "1.9" there are now 128 End Portals.
- Normally, it's impossible to have an End Portal in the Nether. However, if a player does manage to create an End Portal in the Nether, the easiest way is probably using the Debug Mode; it will be invisible and when the player goes through it, the end credits will play and the player will be transported to their spawn point in the Overworld.
- Instead of finding 12 end portal frames with a pool of lava below it in a stronghold, there used to be 12 semitransparent blocks that look like ice and a pool of lava below it.