|First Appearance||Beta 1.9pre6|
|Type of Block||Solid Block|
An Ender Crystal is a type of pseudo-block (tile entity) that can be found in limited numbers but naturally in The End. They are situated on top of large and tall towers made of obsidian, on top of a block of bedrock. They are able to be crafted as of the 1.9 Combat update and are easy to break, only requiring to be hit by any attack, however the Ender Dragon's flying through it does not count for this. Destroying it will cause a large explosion that will kill the Player unless they are properly protected, which can cause damage to the Ender Dragon and any other mob that was also close enough to the detonation. Due to the fact that they are on a tall structure, sometimes exceeding 30 or more blocks high, the explosion can likely knock you off the tower to a fatal fall. The Ender crystals slowly heal the Ender Dragon if it is within a large proximity to it.
It is worth mentioning that the Ender crystal is an entity and not a block, therefore it has a hit-box mechanic and health, however this health is effectively 0 hearts, meaning any form of hostile action, even those which do not cause damage, will destroy the entity. This is demonstrated by the fact that Snowballs, which do not cause damage, can destroy it. An Ender crystal can be spawned using the /summon command or placed down after being crafted.
|Glass||Eye of Ender||Glass|
Destroying an Ender Crystal causes a large explosion, almost the size of a charged Creeper, so it is best to destroy it with a ranged attack. When an Ender Dragon gets near the crystal, it will start to heal the damage it took; however, if the Ender Dragon comes into contact with the ender crystal, it will blow up and damage the enderdragon.
Despite being only naturally spawned in the end, it is possible to use mods or map editors to spawn them in to be used as traps or as decoration. You can also use the /summon command to make an ender crystal. In 1.9 snapshots, ender crystals can be found in the 'Decoration Blocks' section in your inventory or crafted using seven glass, an Eye of Ender, and a Ghast Tear.
- If the player looks closely at an Ender Crystal, he/she will see that it contains the Galactic alphabet, the same used on the enchanting table when it is surrounded with bookshelves
- While it is possible to kill an Ender Dragon while it's being healed, this is extremely difficult and time consuming.
- If this happens, there will be a glitch in which you destroy the Ender Dragon (while connected to an Ender Crystal) and destroy the Ender Crystal next, which makes the Ender Dragon look like it is still being healed, as shown in the picture.
- Before 1.4.2, when an Ender Crystal was destroyed, it would make a fire that couldn't disappear. If the block that is supporting it is removed, the fire will be invisible, but you still would get damage, and it would reappear after a new block was placed again. At 1.4.2 the fire is fixed.
- Because the fire in the ender crystal is unable to be put out (until the crystal as a whole is destroyed that is), putting a water bucket directly above the ender crystal will create a loop where the water stays just directly above the ender crystal.
- It appears to be on a Bedrock slab, however this is not an item within the game's files.
- These can be crafted ,left/right, up/down (glass, glass, glass, glass, Eye of Ender, glass, glass, ghast tear, glass
- If the Ender Dragon has been killed, a player can use these to resummon it without the use of commands. Craft four and place them around the End Portal.