| Come on! Grow up!
This article is a stub. You can help by
|First Appearance||Minecraft 1.0 (PC)
Minecraft Beta 1.8.1 (Xbox 360)
|Data Values||Hex: 170|
The Ender Pearl is an item that was added in the 1.8 Alpha Adventure Update and is sometimes dropped by Endermen upon death. This occurs much more rarely as of 1.9 because Endermen attempt to teleport away when they come into contact with water. It is used to craft the Eye of Ender.
As of Beta 1.9 pre-release 2, it is possible to throw an Ender Pearl by right-clicking in order to teleport to its impact location, although causing 2.5 hearts of damage to player in the process. This is classified as fall damage, as the Feather Falling enchantment will lessen the damage. However, teleporting with Ender Pearls does not work in creative mode. Upon teleporting, the player is briefly surrounded by the same particles generated by Endermen.
- On a Beta 1.9 pre-release 2 server, using an Ender Pearl to teleport will result in being kicked from the server for "hacking." This happened because of a bug in an anti-hack system used to prevent modified clients from moving too quickly. This was fixed in pre-release 3.
- Like most throwable items (such as eggs or snowballs), its maximum stack is 16.
- Ender Pearls will only teleport you there if it hits something solid. As such, it will not teleport you when you throw it into The Void.
- Ender Pearl teleportation works in creative mode in Xbox 360 Edition, as well as the Playstation 3 edition.
- If a player uses an Ender Pearl, there is a chance of an Endermite to spawn.