|Uses||Used to craft Eye of Ender|
|First Appearance||Minecraft 1.0 (PC)
Minecraft Beta 1.8.1 (Xbox 360)
|Data Values||Hex: 170|
As of Beta 1.9 pre-release 2, it is possible to throw an Ender Pearl by right-clicking in order to teleport to its impact location, causing Template:Halfheart (2.5) damage to player in the process. This is classified as fall damage, as the "Feather Fall" enchantment will lessen the damage. Upon teleporting, the player is briefly surrounded by the same particles generated by Endermen.Ender Pearls are also a necessary item needed to reach The End. An Ender Pearl can be used to craft an Eye of Ender (by combining it with a Blaze Powder). These eyes can then be thrown into the air and followed to eventually be led to the location of the End Portal. Once at the portal, Eyes of Ender are also required to activate it.
- On a Beta 1.9 pre-release 2 server, using an Ender Pearl to teleport will result in being kicked from the server for "hacking." This happened because of a bug in an anti-hack system used to prevent modified clients from moving too quickly. This was fixed in pre-release 3.
- Like most throwable items (such as eggs or snowballs), its maximum stack is 16.
- Ender Pearls will only teleport you there if it hits something solid. As such, it will not teleport you when you throw it into The Void.
- Ender Pearl teleportation works in creative mode in Xbox 360 Edition, PC Edition as well as the PlayStation 3 Edition, but not on Mac.
- If a player teleports with an Ender Pearl, there is a chance of an Endermite to spawn, just like when an Enderman teleports.
- Ender Pearls act similar to the Sky Gem from the game Sonic The Hedgehog (aka Sonic '06)