|Uses||Crafting Eye of Ender, Transportation|
|First Appearance||Minecraft 1.0 (PC)
Minecraft Beta 1.8.1 (Xbox 360)
|Data Values||Hex: 170|
As of the Beta 1.9 pre-release 2, it is possible to throw an Ender Pearl by right-clicking while it is in a player's hand in order to teleport to its impact location, causing (2.5) damage to the user in the process. This is classified as fall damage, so the Feather Falling enchantment will lessen the damage taken. When an Ender Pearl is thrown, a player will be unable to throw another one for one second (shown by a white overlay). Upon teleporting, a player is briefly surrounded by the same particles generated by Endermen when they teleport for a few seconds.Ender Pearls are a necessary item needed to reach The End. An Ender Pearl can be used to craft an Eye of Ender by combining it with a Blaze Powder. Eyes of Ender can be thrown into the air and if they are followed, they will eventually lead the user to the location of the End Portal. Once at the portal, up to twelve Eyes of Ender are also required to activate it.
|Eye of Ender |
|None||Ender Pearl||Blaze Powder|
- In a Beta 1.9 pre-release 2 server, using an Ender Pearl to teleport would result in the user being kicked from the server for "hacking." This happened because of a bug in the anti-hack system used to prevent modified clients from moving too quickly. This was fixed in pre-release 3.
- Ender Pearls can be found in some Strongholds and Woodland Mansion Chests, but they can also be obtained by trading with a Cleric Villager.
- Like most throwable items (such as eggs or snowballs), Ender Pearls have a maximum stack amount of 16.
- Ender Pearls will only teleport the user if it hits something solid. As such, it will not teleport the user when they throw an Ender Pearl into The Void.
- Ender Pearl teleportation works in Creative Mode in the Xbox 360 Edition, the PC Edition, and the PlayStation 3 Edition, but Ender Pearl teleportation does not work on Mac editions.
- If a player teleports using an Ender Pearl, there is a 5% chance of an Endermite to spawn.
- Ender Pearls act similarly to the Sky Gem from the game Sonic The Hedgehog (aka Sonic '06).
- As of the 1.0.0 update, Ender Pearls are available in the Windows 10 Edition.