|Health Points:||8HP (4x )|
|Attack Strength:||2HP (1x )|
|Location:||5% chance of spawning when a player throws an Ender Pearl|
|First Appearance:||Snapshot 14w11a|
Endermites are mobs introduced to Minecraft in Update 1.8. They occasionally spawn when a player uses an Ender Pearl. Endermites were first introduced to the game in Snapshot 14w11a (Update 1.8). Although it was formerly similar in shape, size, and general appearance to the Silverfish, the texture and model were changed in a snapshot in order to make it more unique. It attacks the player and deals 1 heart of damage. Endermites will Despawn within 2 minutes unless it is named with a Name Tag. Unlike Endermen, Endermites neither teleport nor take damage from Water. Endermites will drop 3 experience when killed by a player or tamed Wolf.
Endermites are currently very buggy, and they have a tendency to stay in one place and glitch around as opposed to moving like other Mobs. It causes knock back so it is harder to kill, but they are easier to slay when the player is in range. They are small, purple blobs with dark red eyes on the front and a dark purple mouth below the eyes.
- When spawned in Creative Mode, due to a bug, it will not move, and instead it will just shake its body.
- Dinnerbone has stated he has an "Ultimate Plan" with Endermites that might include the Dragon Egg. However, he also mentioned that he hasn't discussed this idea with the rest of the team yet.
- Before 14w27a, Endermen could spawn Endermites by teleporting: each teleport had a 15% chance to spawn one, but each successful Endermite spawned would reduce the chance by 1% (i.e. 15 Endermite spawnings would prevent that Enderman from spawning another Endermite).
- Endermen will attack Endermites.
- ↑ https://twitter.com/dinnerbone/status/444176255521681408 Dinnerbone on Twitter