|Drops:||Cod: Raw Cod (Cooked Cod if killed by fire)|
Tropical Fish: Tropical Fish
Salmon: Raw Salmon (Cooked Salmon if killed by fire).
|Location:||Cod: Normal, cold, and lukewarm oceans (including the deep variants of the oceans).|
Pufferfish: Lukewarm, warm, and deep lukewarm oceans.
Tropical Fish: Lukewarm, warm, and deep lukewarm oceans.
Salmon: Cold oceans, frozen oceans, deep cold oceans, deep frozen oceans, normal rivers, and frozen rivers.
|First Appearance:||1.13 (Snapshot 18w08b)|
Fish (not to be confused with the items already available in-game) are a mob added to Minecraft in the 1.4.0 version—however, the upcoming 1.13 - The Update Aquatic is not yet fully complete; as it turns out, all the features will not be released at once, but rather a few in every update or so. Fish were first added in snapshot 18w08b.
items were added to the game. These can be caught with a Fishing Rod. These raw fish appear to serve the same purpose as a fish mob would have served, and Notch has since left Mojang, so for a while, it seemed unlikely players would see mobs such as these implemented. However, several years later in early 2018, The Update Aquatic was announced, which included plans to finally implement these fish in a mob form. Fish can also be picked up by using a bucket of water, and simply clicking/tapping on the mob. If a player is in range of the mob, the fish will disappear, and will reappear in the bucket, much like the item form. The tropical fish is said to come in 3072 different colours, patterns and shapes, but when killed, they will drop clownfish. In other words, they are technically the mob variant of the clownfish, however, this may change in the future.
Fishes, like any other underwater passive mob, will aimlessly swim in water. When a fish is near an obstacle it may resort to the fish turning in another direction. When a player blocks the fish’s way of swimming, the fish goes through the player. When killed, a fish will drop its food form.
Pufferfish will poison the player for 7 seconds, and will puff up if they are near the player.
It is unknown if ocelots, polar bears, or dolphins will chase and eat the fish, or if the fish will swim away from them.
- Cod (formerly known as just "fish")
- In 2013 Jeb stated on Reddit that he would like to add more animals, including fish, to Minecraft. However, no timeline was given.
- Fish and cooked fish are now removed, and replaced with cod. Guardians will drop cod, and fisherman villagers, (a type of career applied to the farmer Villager) will now accept only 6 raw cod to cooked cod from now on.
- Guardians will attack nearby fish.
- Tropical fish can come in any of two different shapes, fifteen different colors, six patterns, and fifteen pattern colors, resulting in 2,700 possible variances. The colors are the regular Minecraft colors, minus black, with a few name changes.
- It is possable to get 2 of the same type of fish but the chances are super slim.