Fishing is a semi-valuable skill that allows the player to gather fish or other items with a fishing rod, just as in the natural world. Fishing provides a basic supply of food, as well as the material used to tame the Ocelot. Fishing yields a small amount of Experience whenever a fish or item is successfully captured. You are most likely to catch a fish when it is raining, or with an enchanted fishing rod. Possible fish that can be reeled in include a regular fish, a clownfish, a pufferfish, or a salmon. Normal fish and the salmon can all be cooked, whereas pufferfish can be used in brewing. All fish can be eaten raw, however fish variations that can be cooked will restore less hunger. There are two enchants that are applicable to the fishing rod; Luck of the Sea and Lure. Lure increases the rate a fish will come to the rod, whereas luck of the seas increases the possibility of finding junk or treasure.
- Take a fishing rod.
- Right click (default settings) while facing a body of water. (This can be as small as one cubic block, though the casting method becomes more difficult as your fishing area gets smaller.)
- Once the float has risen to the water's surface, watch for it to bob under the water.
- As soon as it bobs underwater, right click again and a fish should fly out of the water towards your feet. (The fish will not always land at your feet, it will sometimes fall short or even fly over you.)
Treasure and Junk
- Bow (Enchanted with the same probability as a level 30 enchant, damaged)
- Enchantment Book (Enchanted with the same probability as a level 30 enchant)
- Fishing Rod (Enchanted with the same probability as a level 30 enchant, damaged)
- Name Tag
- Tripwire Hook