Fishing is a semi-valuable skill that allows a player to gather fish or other items with a fishing rod, just like in the real world.
Fishing provides a basic supply of food as well as obtaining the material used to tame Ocelots. Fishing will yield a small amount of Experience whenever a fish or item is successfully caught. Players are more likely to catch a fish when it is raining or by using an enchanted Fishing Rod. Possible fish that can be caught include: regular fish, clownfish, pufferfish, and salmon. Normal fish and salmon can all be cooked, whereas a pufferfish can be used in Brewing. All fish can be eaten raw, but fish variations that can be cooked will restore less hunger. There are two enchantments that can be applied to the fishing rod: Luck of the Sea and Lure. Lure increases the rate at which fish will be attracted to the rod, whereas Luck of the Sea increases the possibility of finding junk treasure.
- Equip a fishing rod.
- Right-click (default settings) while facing a body of water. (This can be as small as one cubic block though the casting method becomes more difficult as one's fishing area gets smaller.)
- Once the float has risen to the water's surface, watch for it to go underwater.
- As soon as it "bobs" underwater, right-click again and a fish should fly out of the water towards a player's feet. The fish will not always land at one's feet, however. It will sometimes fall short or even fly over a player.
Treasure and Junk
- Bow (Enchanted with the same probability as a level 30 enchant, but it allows for treasure enchantments; damaged)
- Enchanted Book (Enchanted with the same probability as a level 30 enchant, but it allows for treasure enchantments)
- Fishing Rod (Enchanted with the same probability as a level 30 enchant, but it allows for treasure enchantments; damaged)
- Name Tag
- Lily Pad