|Flint and Steel|
|Data Values||Hex: 103|
Flint and Steel is a usable item. It can be used to light blocks, such as Wood, on fire by right-clicking with it.
Flint and Steel has approximately 65 uses before it vanishes. On all blocks, excluding wood and wool type blocks, it will not spread onto other blocks. Interestingly, any use on an item will drain one use from it, whether it is set on fire or not. If placed on Netherrack it will burn forever until extinguished by the player or rain.
|Flint and Steel|
Flint and Steel can be used to light blocks whether it is flammable or not, light TNT, activate Nether Portals and set fire to Grass, Wood, Wooden Planks, Fences, Netherrack, etc. However, Flint and Steel is an infamous griefing tool and many beta servers ban flint and steel.
- In early versions of Indev, the player started with a flint and steel in their inventory. Flint and steel was also found as loot from killing mobs.
- In the start of Survival Multiplayer, furnaces did not work. There was a mod that turned flint and steel into a "lighter" that lit the furnace and made it work.
- Prior to 1.6, fire could spread indefinitely, making flint and steel an effective weapon of mass destruction in areas with large, interconnected sections of flammable blocks. Many servers banned and continue to ban the use of flint and steel as it can be used for griefing. Following 1.6, fire no longer spread infinitely.
- Before furnaces, flint and steel could be used to smelt ores.
- As of beta 1.7, left-clicking a block of TNT with a flint and steel will ignite it.
- If the player uses flint and steel on any animal, excluding Squid, Sheep,and Bats, the meat they drop will be cooked, a faster method than using the furnace.
- Despite the fact its called "Flint and steel" it is made of Flint and an Iron Ingot, not Steel.