|Flint and Steel|
|Data Values||Hex: 103|
Flint and Steel is a tool used to set blocks on Fire or activate nether portals.
Flint and Steel has approximately 65 uses before it vanishes. Some blocks such as wood and wool will burn down when set on fire, but some blocks such as stone, the flint and steel will have no effect on. Interestingly, any use on an item will drain one use from it, whether it is set on fire or not. If right clicked on the top of a non-flammable block like stone, it will set a fire for about a minute and then it will burn out, but if clicked on the side of the block the fire will burn out immediately.
|Flint and Steel|
Flint and Steel can be used to light blocks on fire, activate TNT, or activate Nether Portals. However, Flint and Steel is an infamous griefing tool so many beta servers ban Flint and Steel. When a flint and steel is placed within a dispenser, when activated, it will set fire to the adjacent block.
- In early versions of Indev, the player started with a flint and steel in their inventory. Flint and Steel was also found as loot from killing mobs.
- In the start of Survival Multiplayer, Furnaces did not work. There was a mod that turned flint and steel into a "lighter" that lit the Furnace and made it work.
- Prior to 1.6, fire could spread indefinitely, making flint and steel an effective weapon of mass destruction in areas with large, interconnected sections of flammable blocks. Many servers banned and continue to ban the use of flint and steel as it can be used for griefing. Following 1.6, fire no longer spread infinitely.
- Before Furnaces, Flint and Steel could be used to smelt ores.
- As of beta 1.7, left-clicking a block of TNT with a flint and steel will ignite it.
- If the player uses Flint and Steel on any animal, excluding Squid, Sheep,and Bats, the meat they drop will be cooked, a faster method than using the Furnace.
- Despite the fact its called "Flint and Steel" it is made of Flint and an Iron Ingot, not Steel.