|This article is about multiplayer experiences and content and is not considered integral to the main experience of Minecraft. Some aspects of this article may differ between separate multiplayer servers.|
|The content featured in this page is about a feature that is not supported by Mojang.|
floAuction is a Plug-In that was created by the Bukkit Plug-In organization. The floAuction plugin allows players to auction off items in Vault-supported economy systems. The floAuction plugin was recently rewritten to include the ability of queuing auctions (setting multiple auctions in a row), reserving funds, and the ability to suspend a player's auctioning ability.
- The Vault Plugin
- The WhatIsIt Plugin
- Base auction functionality.
- Full language support using language.yml (and WhatIsIt for item names)
- A hidden maximum bids option (with two options for the logic selectable in the config).
- Reserves funds (takes funding from the player's account) when bidding to reduce fraud.
- Reserves items (takes them out of player's inventory) when auctioning, then resets them if not bidded on.
- Queue item delivery if the player is offline.
- Logging auctions to file.
- Optional bidding limits.
- REMOVED in v2.4: Gold-standard option, uses gold nuggets/ingots/blocks (converts on the fly) instead of currency (forced on if no currency installed). (v 2.1.0-2.3.1) This was removed due to it being very buggy, and the GoldIsMoney plugin has been written to replace it.
- Per user silencing of auctions: /auction [stfu/quiet/off/silent/silence]. (v 2.1+)
- /auction shortcuts: s = start; c = cancel; e = end; i = info; (v 2.1+)
- Configuration option to disallow creative mode bidding and auctioning. (v 2.1+)
- Toggle for the ability of auctioning damaged items (will report damage if auction is allowed) (v 2.1+)
- Queuing of auctions, with optional delays between auctions. (v 2.2+)
- Suspension of auctions by command globally or per player. (v 2.2+)
- Save list of pending-give items (for logged off players) to file to persist server restarts. (v2.2+)
- Banned item list. (v 2.3+)
- Tax settings and per auction tax. (v 2.3+)
- Toggleability of hidden max bids. (v 2.3+)
- Metrics (v2.3.1+)
- Depositing tax funds to config.yml specified user account (v2.4+)
- Prevent world change when auctioning or bidding. (v2.4.1+) Togglable in 2.4.2
- Prevent gamemode change when auctioning or bidding. (v2.4.1+) Togglable in 2.4.2
- Togglability of world change and gamemode change prevention as well as teleporting. (v2.4.2+)
- Cancellation prevention from end of auction. (v2.4.2+)
- Antisnipe auction extension.(v2.4.7+)
- Displays book titles & authors (v2.5.0+)
Planned Content that Bukkit is planning on releasing in a future update of floAuction:
- Separating auctions out so that multiple auctions can run simultaneously.
- Configurable relegation of auction broadcasts to Vault supported chat channels.
- World-grouping of auctions. (useful for multi-inventory/multi-economy situations)
- Suspension of auctions by command per channel.
- Channel-grouping of auctions.
- Add timestamp to log.
- Server shutdown effects on active auctions.
- Lengthen time of auction if bids happen within a certain proximity to the end of the auction.
- Pre-auction setup (specify per user default auction parameters)
Possible content that Bukkit is not planning on adding to floAuction, but they may consider adding to it:
- A "sell-to" option to keep down on people using auction software to trade things.
- A "buy-now" option.
- Scope auctions to an area.
- Scope auction to a sign and control the sign.
- Alternate delivery methods, possibly through chests.
- A "/auction bump" to give a small, togglable reminder that there's an auction.
- A configuration option to give the auciton software permission to withdraw the money from a player's bank if their personal account lacks sufficient funds.
- /auction start (alternative /auction s); The default way of starting an auction, it begins a new auction with the item(s) held in hand.
- /auction start <amount> <price> <bidding increments> <time>; The more adept way of auctioning. It allows the user to style the auction by being able to set a time period for it, the minimum bidding increments, the starting price, and desired amount.
- /auction cancel (alternative /auction c); cancels the current auction.
- /auction; brings up the main auction interface.
- /bid; the default way of bidding. It bids the minimum bidding increment automatically.
- /bid <amount>; Bids the listed amount of money.