|First Appearance||Snapshot 12w34a|
|Type of Block||Solid Block|
|Tool Used||Any tool|
|Data Values||Hex: 186|
Flower Pots are decorative blocks that were added in version 1.4.2, "Pretty Scary Update" for Halloween. One can place many types of plants in a flower pot. Flowers, ferns, cacti, dead bushes, saplings, and mushrooms all can go in flower pot. Flower pots can only be placed on top of a solid block.
Placing a flower pot is like placing any other block, except it must be on a solid block. Once placed, a player can place a plant inside the flower pot by right-clicking on the flower pot with the plant of a player's choice in hand.
- Saplings will not grow when inside a flower pot, as they grow into trees whose blocks are larger than flower pots.
- A cactus will not harm players when grown inside a flower pot.
- Pistons will destroy a flower pot when pushing one.
- Flower pots appear differently in their texture when received through the /give command.
- Flower pots also appear naturally in Witch huts, with mushrooms planted in them.