|First Appearance||Classic 0.0.18a_02|
|Type of Block||Solid Block|
|Stackable?||Yes (Max 64)|
|Data Values||Hex: 14|
Glass is a transparent block made by smelting Sand in a Furnace. Sunlight can penetrate through glass, making glass useful for buildings such as greenhouses and in-door farms or being used as a view-port. As of 1.8, Glass can naturally found in NPC Villages. Glass blocks adjacent to other glass blocks are invisible when viewed through glass. Snow can not land on glass blocks, meaning that it is useful for areas that you don't want it to snow on. Unlike other blocks, glass blocks will not drop another glass block when destroyed.
As of Minecraft Beta 1.8, Glass Panes can be crafted by placing 6 Glass blocks in a rectangle. As of Minecraft Beta 1.9 Pre-Release 3, Glass Bottles can be crafted by placing glass blocks in the same slots as placing Wooden Planks to make a Bowl.
|Glass Pane x16|
|Glass Bottle x3|
- In Survival Test Mode, Glass blocks could be broken very quickly and would drop a Glass block to pick up. The only way to obtain Glass blocks at that time was to place them on the map before the level was loaded in the client.
- Mobs cannot spawn on glass floors or ceilings.
- When Glass is placed over a dropped item, the item is trapped inside the Glass but can be retrieved normally.
- As of 1.2, Torches can be placed on top of glass, but not on the sides of it.
- Glass block can be picked with pickaxe that has Silk Touch enchantment.