The Glowing Obsidian will occur when the Nether Core Reactor is activated. All the materials that are used to activate the reactor (14 Cobblestone blocks and 4 Gold blocks) will convert to Glowing Obsidian when the reactor is activated. The Glowing Obsidian appeared to be a red Obsidian that glows. Once the Reactor has "burned out" the Glowing Obsidian will then turn to regular Obsidian, which can then be collected with a Diamond pickaxe. If mined while the reactor is activated, it will still drop regular Obsidian. Glowing Obsidian can currently only be obtained through editors.
The Latest Updates
- 1.02_6 is the first appearance of the Glowing Obsidian
- 1.02_7 added smoking effects on the Glowing Obsidian
- 1.20_8 fix bug for breaking the Glowing Obsidian and the Nether Reactor
- After Update 0.12.1 the Nether Reactor got removed, which meant glowing obsidian could not be spawned anymore.
- In older versions of PE, glowing obsidian could be mined with an Iron Pickaxe. However, this was removed in Update 0.7.3.
- You can use mods that add Glowing Obsidian to the Creative Inventory.