Gravity in Minecraft affects all Players, Mobs, Items, liquids (such as Lava or Water), as well as certain types of Blocks. Any Entity affected by gravity will fall to the ground rapidly. If the entity is a mob or player, it will likely take fall damage if it has dropped from over a certain height.
Most solid blocks in Minecraft do not obey gravity and will "float" in the air, even when all adjacent blocks are removed. There are, however, a few blocks which do obey gravity and will fall if not supported from below. These include:
- Flight - Players who have activated flight mode are unaffected by gravity.
- Feather Falling Enchantment - If a player's boots are enchanted with this effect, they will still fall to the ground at the same speed, but will take less fall damage.
- Elytra - Allows a player to safely glide down to the ground without taking damage while controlling the direction of their descent.
- Chickens - Immune to fall damage, instead they will flap their wings while falling, gliding safely down to the ground. This also applies to both Iron and Snow Golems.
- Gravity-affected blocks - World generation may not update them, causing them to be suspended. They may also be manually glitched this way.