|Type of Block||Decoration|
Types of Heads
There are six different heads that can be obtained:
The Wither Skeleton head may be obtained by killing Wither Skeletons, and as of 1.8, the Creeper, Skeleton and Zombie heads may be obtained by killing the respective mob with a Charged Creeper explosion.
The Dragon Head is obtained by defeating the Ender Dragon within The End, stepping through the End Gateway, and climbing End City until eventually reaching the End Ship above, where the head is located.
The Wither Skeleton's head, a rare drop, can be used to create the Wither, a boss utility mob. Creating the wither is similar to creating an Iron Golem. You will need three wither skulls and four blocks of Soul Sand. After placing the Soul Sand in a T-shape, place the three wither skulls on the T-shape to spawn the Wither.
- Heads can be placed in eight different directions, but cannot face upwards or downwards.
- Heads cannot be pushed by pistons.
- A head will turn into an item if Water or Lava touches it.
- Heads can be placed on the side of blocks, but will not face the direction of the player, but forwards.
- Using MC edit Player skin can reference a Minecraft account.
- Heads cannot be stacked except with the use of third party programs. They can stack on console, however.
- Heads can also be used as helmets, but will not provide protection.
- You can also get food heads by using an MHF tag on a head. However, if you incorrectly spell the name, you will get an Alex head.
- Heads in the Inventory and creative menu are shown on a different angle in the console version.
- It is impossible to get a Steve head without the use of cheats.
- The Steve head is the only thing that does not change in Texture Packs.
- In order to unlock the achievement Camouflage, the player must wear the head of a mob while killing the same mob (for example, killing a zombie while having a zombie head on).
- In update 1.11, the heads icon in the inventory was rotated (possibly by accident), so that only the back-side of the head is visible.
- Wither Skeleton heads and Creeper heads can be used with a Banner to make certain designs. The Wither Skeleton head creates a Skull and Crossbones icon, while the Creeper head creates a Creeper face. Both icons are arranged in the middle of the banner.