Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Type of Block||Decoration|
Heads are decorative blocks added in Update 1.4 (the Pretty Scary Update) that, as well as being able to be placed, can be worn by any humanoid mob as a helmet.
Types of Heads
There are six different heads that can be obtained:
The Wither Skeleton head may be obtained by killing Wither Skeletons, and as of 1.8, the Creeper, Skeleton and Zombie heads may be obtained by killing the respective mob with a Charged Creeper explosion.
The Dragon Head is obtained by defeating the Ender Dragon within The End, stepping through the End Gateway, and climbing End City until eventually reaching the End Ship above, where the head is located.
The Wither Skeleton's head, a rare drop, can be used to create the Wither, a boss utility mob. Creating the wither is similar to creating an Iron Golem. You will need three wither skulls and four blocks of Soul Sand. After placing the Soul Sand in a T-shape, place the three wither skulls on the T-shape to spawn the Wither.
- Heads can be placed in eight different directions, but cannot face upwards or downwards.
- Heads cannot be pushed by pistons.
- A head will turn into an item if Water or Lava touches it.
- Heads can be placed on the side of blocks, but will not face the direction of the player, but forwards.
- Using MC edit Player skin can reference a Minecraft account.
- Heads cannot be stacked except with the use of third party programs. They can stack on console, however.
- Heads can also be used as helmets, but will not provide protection.
- You can also get food heads by using an MHF tag on a head. However, if you spell wrong on MHF, you will get an Alex head.
- Heads on the inventory and creative menu are shown on a different angle in the console version.
- It is impossible to get a Steve head without the use of cheats.
- The Steve head is the only thing that does not change in Texture Packs.
- In order to unlock the achievement Camouflage, the player must wear the head of a mob while killing the same mob (for example, killing a zombie while having a zombie head on).
- by mistake in 1.11 AKA the exploration update the heads texture in the inventory has been turn around (you will see the back side of the head if it was in your inventory)