|Type of Block||Decoration|
Types of Heads
There are six different heads that can be obtained:
The Wither Skeleton head may be obtained by killing Wither Skeletons, and as of 1.8, the Creeper, Skeleton and Zombie heads may be obtained by killing the respective mob with a Charged Creeper explosion.
The Wither Skeleton's head, a rare drop, can be used to create the Wither, a boss utility mob. Creating the wither is similar to creating an Iron Golem. You will need three wither skulls and four blocks of Soul Sand. After placing the Soul Sand in a T-shape, place the three wither skulls on the T-shape to spawn the Wither.
- Heads can be placed in sixteen different directions, but cannot face upwards or downwards.
- A head will turn into an item if Water or Lava touches it, or if a piston pushes it.
- Heads can be placed on the side of blocks, but will not face the direction of the player, but forwards.
- Heads can also be used as helmets, but will not provide protection; they do, however, halve the detection range of the corresponding mob (e.g. wearing a skeleton skull will keep any skeleton from noticing the player until they are 8 blocks away, as opposed to the regular 16).
- Mojang created several accounts called MHF_(name), which can be used as the username for player heads to get mob heads, blocks, etc.
- Heads in the Inventory and creative menu are shown on a different angle in the console version.
- The Steve head is the only thing that does not change in Texture Packs.
- In order to unlock the achievement Camouflage, the player must wear the head of a mob while killing the same mob (for example, killing a zombie while having a zombie head on).
- In update 1.11, the heads icon in the inventory was rotated (possibly by accident), so that only the back-side of the head is visible.
- Wither Skeleton heads and Creeper heads can be used with a Banner to make certain designs. The Wither Skeleton head creates a Skull and Crossbones icon, while the Creeper head creates a Creeper face. Both icons are arranged in the middle of the banner.