Iron Horse Armor
|Uses||Protecting a Horse|
|Dropped by||Horses (If it is wearing one)|
|First Appearance||Update 1.6.1|
There are three types of Horse Armor in most versions of Minecraft: Iron, Gold, and Diamond. A fourth type of Horse Armor is Leather, and it is exclusive to Minecraft: Pocket Edition and Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition. Horse Armor does not break over time like most Tools and Armor. Leather is the weakest, and despite Gold being the weakest armor material because of its low durability, Gold Horse Armor is slightly more effective than Iron Horse Armor. It provides more protection, and it is much rarer. Diamond Horse Armor is still the best type to use for protection when it comes to horse armor.
- Leather horse armor - 12%
- Iron horse armor - 20%
- Gold horse armor - 28%
- Diamond horse armor - 44%
Horse Armor can be found inside Dungeon chests, Village Blacksmith chests, Nether Fortresses , Desert Temples, and Abandoned Mineshafts. It can also be obtained by Trading with a Villager and killing horses wearing horse armor.
Leather Horse Armor can be crafted by players in Minecraft: Pocket Edition and Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition.
|Leather Horse Armor (Pocket Edition and Windows 10 Edition Only)|
- Unlike regular Armor, Horse Armor cannot be enchanted.
- If a Horse dies while wearing Horse Armor, the Horse Armor will drop as an item.
- Iron and Gold Horse Armor can be smelted into Iron Nuggets or Gold Nuggets, respectively.
- In previous versions of Minecraft, Horse Armor was crafted from Iron, Diamond, or Gold, along with any color of Wool.