All stat points same as Steve
Steve is the original default player skin, and appears to be a Male. As of the Bountiful Update, also known as 1.8, a second default skin became available, with shorter arms, known as Alex.
The various Console editions have 8 variations of Steve; the default Steve, Boxer Steve, Cyclist Steve, Tennis Steve, Scottish Steve, Prisoner Steve, Tuxedo Steve, and Athlete Steve. Most of these variations look very different compared to the regular Steve
Steve has dark brown hair, dark blue eyes, dark skin, a cyan t-shirt, and blue jeans.
Alex has orange hair in a ponytail (seen pulled over their left shoulder), green eyes, pale skin, a green tunic, and brown pants.
A Player's skin can be changed either through the player's minecraft.net account, or through downloading a skin and replacing the necessary files found in the %appdata% folder in the player's computer.
To be replaced with history actually referring to the player themselves, rather then the Human mob, which should be a separate page.
- Players use the skin file named char.png in the minecraft.jar file.
- Player's attack strength unarmed was increased in 1.5 from a half-heart to one-heart.
- Until Beta 1.0, Steve had a beard, that implied to be the mouth of the player. The bearded version of Steve can be still obtainable by downloading the reference skin here.
- When logged in as Notch, you can drop an apple upon death, but this was removed in Beta 1.7.3.
- The old player damage sound can still be found in the gamefiles as classic_hurt.ogg
- Mojang said that the new Alex skin looks kinda like the developer Jeb from some angles.
- When you replace the skin through the gamefiles, the players who are Steve will be replaced by your skin, this also applied to yours also. Very much of those players think that they used your skin.