|Type of Block||Solid Block|
|Data Values||Hex: 4F|
Ice acts very similar to snow in the sense that it melts when it comes into contact with fire, is near a torch, or is touched by lava for a short period of time. When melted with lava, it will produce water. This will also happen if ice is destroyed and there is a block beneath it. Ice is not affected by fire, but will oddly melt next to lava.
Ice does not commonly have a use, and was most likely implemented in Minecraft for show and visual effect. Ice cannot naturally be gathered; however, if a Pickaxe has the Silk Touch enchantment, ice can successfully be gathered without destroying it.
Ice can be used to make traps, but is not efficient in this as water makes a better substitute in moving mobs. Melted ice will disappear in the Nether.
- Items flowing in water over ice will go much faster.
- When ice is broken it makes the same breaking sound as Glass.
- Ice is a farmer's worst enemy, because it causes the water that nurtures their crops to disappear.
- If placed under Soul Sand,you will move slower on the soul sand than you would if the ice block was not there.
- If Ice is placed directly next to lava/water the lava and water will be invisible.
- Ice can be melted by lava, thus turning it into water.