The content of this page is not supported by Mojang, and the Minecraft Forums.
Caution about ModsEdit
Before modifying your Minecraft please backup your worlds and also be aware that mods are unsupported by Mojang, they won't be able to help you. When there is a new update of Minecraft the mod will break and will be unusable until the creator of the mod has updated it.
If you simply want to backup your Minecraft copy your .minecraft entirely, if you just want to backup your worlds copy the "saves" file in ".minecraft".
Mods:modifications, are add-ons used for various purposes. They can be used to make your game easier, harder, add more monsters, create servers easily, add items to your game, new features, add new worlds, a few even change your game completely! Mods are normally uploaded by the players themselves too! Mods are mostly found on the minecraft forums or on Planetminecraft.
- Download the mod files and the other mods it requires
- Press start and type "%appdata%" without the quotes
- Click Roaming
- Click .minecraft
- Open the bin folder
- open minecraft.jar (may appear as minecraft) with an archiving sofware (7zip, WInRAR, WinZIP etc.)
- Close minecraft (if open)
- Delete the META-INF folder as it stops mods from working at all
- Open up the mod (it is a folder but should appear as the archiving software's icon)
- Open up the mods it requires (same as up there ^)
- Drag everything in the required mod's and the mod's folders into minecraft.jar but DO NOT drag it into one of those folders
- Close all of those windows then open minecraft and test it
- Your mod should work now :D
Remember though, as of every time minecraft updates it will delete every mod and its memory (in the minecraft client only the folders will stay), and you must install new mods FOR THAT VERSION OF MINECRAFT, and as the writer, that is going to save me because if i install any mods, it does not let me go in to multiplayer servers. I messed up minecraft by either installing too many mods, or installing the wrong mods together. I am not sure of it.