|Health Points:||100HP (50x )|
|Attack Strength:||7HP (3.5x )
to 21HP (10.5x )
|Drops:||3-5 Iron Ingots , 0-2 Roses|
|Location:||In Villages or built by a player|
Mobs, built with four Blocks of Iron and one Pumpkin or Jack o' Lantern. They are immune to drowning, fall damage, and knockback. Iron Golems will naturally spawn in Villages with at least 21 Doors and 15 Villagers. Iron Golems are better known for being created by players, and can be created by building a vertical T of 4 Iron Blocks, and then placing a Pumpkin on top.Iron Golems are tough utility
Iron golems drop 3-5 iron ingots and 0-2 poppies on death; however, when a player kills an iron golem, the player's popularity in a village will decrease by -5. If the popularity level is below -15, natural iron golems will try to attack and kill the player. This does not apply to player-made golems.
Iron Golems will become aggressive against any nearby hostile or neutral mob other than creepers or wolves. They will attack anything that attacks themselves or a Villager, except for the player who built them. A golem will only stop acting aggressively if they defeat the player or mob who attacked them, or if all players leave the game.
- When created, Iron Golems will always face south.
- Iron Golems holding a poppy will turn Villager children into adult Villagers.
- Iron Golems may be based on the robots from Hayao Miyazaki's movie Castle in the Sky.
- Iron Golems would attack Creepers in 1.8 only, and only if the creeper has little enough health for the golem to one-shot it.
- Iron Golems are a reference to The Iron Giant.
- Enderman can create Iron Golems, but this is extremely rare.
- Iron Golems can be put on a lead.
- On rare occasions, when a Village contains 21 or more doors and at least 10 villagers, an Iron Golem may spawn.
- Iron Golems will sometimes hold out flowers to villagers. When villager children notice the poppy in its hand, they will slowly approach, and eventually take the flower.
- While Iron Ingots and Poppies are obtained by killing Iron Golems, it's not worth it to create an Iron Golem and then immediately kill it: it drops 2-5 of the 36 ingots it takes to make. However, with an artificial village, they can be rigged to spawn for free and die, allowing for an iron farm.
- An Iron Golem's face is similar to a villagers face because it has a unibrow and a long nose.