|Health Points||100HP (50x )|
|Attack Strength||7HP (3.5x )
to 21HP (10.5x )
|Drops||3-5 Iron Ingots , 0-2 Roses|
|Spawn||In Villages or built by a player|
Mobs built with four Blocks of Iron and one Pumpkin or Jack o' Lantern that are immune to drowning and fall damage. Iron Golems will naturally spawn in Villages with at least 21 Doors and 15 Villagers. Iron Golems are better known for being created by players, and can be created by building a structure of 4 Iron Blocks, and then placing a Pumpkin on top.Iron Golems are tough Utility
Iron golems drop 3-5 iron ingots and 0-2 poppies on death, which makes players want to kill them. But killing iron golems decreases your popularity in a village by -5, and if your popularity level is below -15, the iron golems spawned in the village will see you as a threat and try to kill you. However, if you kill the iron golem using TNT or setting them on fire (by lava or flint and steel) they will not turn aggressive to you because of dying of natural causes.Thus, this is great way by slaying Iron golems to obtain iron ingots(or poppies).
Iron Golems will become aggressive against anything that attacks them or a Villager, except for the player who built them, and will only become unaggressive if they defeat the player or mob that attacked them, or if all players leave the game. Iron Golems will always stay near Villagers, and will attack any hostile mob that will not blow up on sight, but disadvantegely, will sometimes attack neutral or passive mobs as well.
Creating the Iron Golem
- Note: You must build this structure vertically to create an Iron Golem.
- Note: Iron Golems cannot be created in single player mode version 1.8.4.
- Note: This crafting recipe does not use a crafting bench.
- Note: When making the iron golem shape, the pumpkin must be placed last, or it will not spawn an iron golem, and keep the shape in the world.
|None||Pumpkin/ Jack o' Lantern||None|
|Block of Iron||Block of Iron||Block of Iron|
|None||Block of Iron||None|
- When created, Iron Golems will always face south.
- Iron Golems holding a poppy will turn Villager children into adult Villagers.
- Iron Golems sink in water.
- Iron Golems may be based on the robots from Hayao Miyazaki's movie Castle in the Sky.
- Iron Golems would attack Creepers in 1.8 only, and only if the creeper has little enough health for the golem to one-shot it.
- Iron Golems are a reference to The Iron Giant.
- Enderman can create Iron Golems, but this is extremely rare.
- Iron Golems can be put on a lead.