A Jungle Temple is a naturally generated structure that generates in jungle biomes. A temple consists of Stone Bricks, Mossy Stone Bricks, Cracked Stone Bricks, and Chiseled Stone Brick. It also has Glowstone as a source of light. The temples contains up to two chests like a Dungeon, and spawns very rarely in jungle biomes. The temples contain two new stairs which are based on the Mossy Stone Bricks and the Broken Stone Bricks. On one side, there are three levers which open the hole to the first chest, and on the other side, there is a path with tripwires and Dispensers.
Jungle Temples are rectangular stone structures, comprised largely of Mossy Stone. As they spawn in jungle biomes, they can often be partially covered, if not completely hidden by jungle flora.
Obtaining the TreasureEdit
The dispensers are covered up with vines which makes them difficult to see. They are also filled with many arrows which can kill the player if triggered excessively. One common way to disable these is to use shears to break the tripwire string. This disables the trap and makes it safe to reach the chest.
To reach the other chest the player must complete a simple piston puzzle. This puzzle will open a small hole in the floor above allowing the player to drop down and reach the chest. If the player does not wish to do the puzzle they can also mine around it and reach the chest.
Typical treasures that can be found in Jungle Temples are:
- In Some cases, a tree may spawn too close to the temple and end up replacing some of the internal mechanics like Sticky Pistons or Redstone Wire.
- On rare occasion a Desert Temple may spawn in place of a Jungle Temple.
- Several blocks that were not naturally occuring before Snapshot 12w22a are now found in Jungle Temples, such as Dispensers, Chiseled Stone Bricks, Redstone Wires, Redstone Repeaters, Levers, and Sticky Pistons.
- Jungle Temples are composed of:
- Jungle temples are one of only two ways obtain Moss Stone (the second way being Dungeons).
- As it is made of stone, and will not burn, an easy way to find a Jungle Temple is to light the jungle on fire, burning away all of the leaves and trees and vines.
- The main contents of chests inside Jungle Temples include Rotten Flesh, Gold, and Bones. This may be the primary contents because the chest inside of a jungle temple may represent a coffin (hints the contents of gold, rotten flesh and bones). The structure itself also somewhat resembles ancient architecture, which may very well mean that a burial site was in mind when Jungle Temples were implemented into Minecraft.