Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A jungle temple
On foot, or by other usual means of travel
Three floors connected via staircase, Traps, secret room puzzle
A jungle temple contains up to two Chests, like a dungeon. The temple contains two set of Stairs made of mossy stone bricks and broken stone bricks. On one side, there are three levers which open the hole to the first chest, and on the other side, there is a path with tripwires and dispensers.
Obtaining the Treasure
The dispensers are covered up with Vines, which makes them difficult to see. They are also filled with many Arrows which can kill the player if triggered excessively. One common way to disable these is to use shears to break the tripwire string. This disables the trap and makes it safe to reach the chest. Alternatively, if you are able to reach the dispenser, you can remove the arrows, rendering the trap useless.
To reach the other chest, the player must complete a simple Piston puzzle. This puzzle will open a small hole in the floor, allowing the player to drop down and reach the chest. If the player does not wish to do the puzzle, they can also mine around it and reach the chest.
Typical treasures that can be found in Jungle Temples are:
- Rotten flesh
- Arrows (In dispensers)
- Horse Armor
- Name Tags
- Redstone (From trap and treasure room wiring)
- Iron Ingot
- In some cases, a tree may spawn too close to the temple and end up replacing some of the internal mechanics, like Sticky Pistons or Redstone Wire.
- On a rare occasion a Desert Temple may spawn in place of a jungle temple.
- Sometimes, Jungle Temples spawn in Water.
- If two Jungle Temples spawn near each other, it is possible that one of them may corrupt the build of the other one.
- Several blocks that were not naturally occurring before Snapshot 12w22a are now found in jungle temples, such as Dispensers, Chiseled Stone Bricks, redstone wires, Redstone Repeaters, levers, and sticky pistons.
- As it is made of stone, and will not burn, an easy way to find a Jungle Temple is to light the jungle on fire, burning away all of the leaves and trees and vines.
- The main contents of chests inside jungle temples include rotten flesh, gold, and bones. This may be the primary contents because the chest inside of a jungle temple may represent a coffin (hints the contents of gold, rotten flesh and bones). The structure itself also somewhat resembles ancient architecture, which may very well mean that a burial site was in mind when jungle temples were implemented into Minecraft.
- As of 1.8, you can craft Moss Stone and Chiseled Stone Brick, so Jungle Temples were made a bit less useful as sources for the mentioned blocks.
- Jungle temples are now in the Pocket Edition version.